Application & Interviews
Our next set of resident interview dates is as follows:
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017 – Community General Surgery Track (reception Tuesday night)
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017 (reception Tuesday night)
- Wednesday, November 29, 2017 (reception Tuesday night)
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 (reception Thursday night)
To be considered for the General Surgery residency program, please make sure the following materials reach our offices by November 1 through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service):
- Completed application form
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement of interest
- Your medical school transcript
- A letter of support from your Dean
- USMLE Scores
Note: We will accept only those application materials sent electronically through ERAS.
For information regarding visas, please refer to the Graduate Medical Education Criteria for Visa Sponsorship.
All application files will be reviewed by our selection committee. We will inform you by e-mail of their decision regarding an interview. If you should move, it is important that you send us written notice of your change of address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. We hope that this information will answer most of your questions about our program. Should you have further questions, we invite you to contact:
Pam Adams, MS
Department of Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792