Thank you for your interest in the Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Wisconsin.
An ideal candidate for training in this program would exhibit:
- Academic excellence and demonstrated growth in clinical medicine
- Self-motivation to assume responsibility and achieve excellence
- High ethical standards and desire to work as a part of a team and system
- Communication and pragmatic skills with a natural sense of humor
- Interest in clinical excellence, research and teaching
- Compassion and professionalism in patient care
To be considered for the Otolaryngology residency program, please make sure the following documents are submitted via ERAS by the end of October:
- Completed Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation (1 preferably from OTO Program Director or Chair)
- USMLE Transcript
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter
Note: We will only accept application materials sent electronically through ERAS.
All application files will be reviewed by our selection committee. You will be notified via the ERAS email system if you have been selected for an interview. If you have been selected for an interview, we ask that you also upload a photograph to ERAS.
The interview process usually starts in late November each year and concludes in January. This year’s interview dates are:
- Monday, November 27 (dinner will be held the evening of 11/27)
- Tuesday, November 28 (dinner will be held the evening of 11/27)
- Monday, December 11 (dinner will be held the evening of 12/11)
- Tuesday, December 12 (dinner will be held the evening of 12/11)
Passing both parts of Step 2 examination is required to begin residency training at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. Potential applicants should not delay in registering for the Step 2 examination.
Should you have further questions, we invite you to contact:
Carrie Schaub, BBA, C-TAGME
Division of Otolaryngology
Department of Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison WI 53792