Eligibility and Application Process
• Applicants must be a current junior in high school.
• Applicants must be from an underrepresented ethnic or racial group. Preference will be given to students that are underrepresented in biomedical sciences as defined by the National Institutes of Health. This includes Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders.
• Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Residents.
• Applicants must have their own daily transportation to and from the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics for the duration of the 6-week internship (June 20-July 29, 2016). Program housing is NOT available at this time.
• Applicants must have a genuine interest in medical or health care careers as well as research.
• Applicants must have a strong academic record based on GPA, advanced coursework in math and science, and extracurricular activities.
Finalists will be required to interview with the selection committee.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the program coordinator, Maria Afrazi (email@example.com).