Contact Dr. Lister
1 S Park Street
Matthew Lister, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (formerly UW Medical School), Madison, Wisconsin, 2002
- Internship, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residency, Harvard Combined Program in Otolaryngology, Boston, Massachusetts
Dr. Lister is a board-certified Otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeon who cares for adult and pediatric patients with a variety of conditions affecting the ears, nose, sinuses, throat, head, and neck.
Dr. Lister’s interests and expertise include surgical and non-surgical treatment of:
- Ear diseases such as otosclerosis, cholesteatoma, glomus tympanicum tumors, and chronic tympanic membrane perforations.
- Diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses including chronic sinusitis, nasal polyps, tumors of the sinuses and nasal cavities, nasal breathing problems, septum deviation, and turbinate enlargement.
- Various forms of head and neck cancer affecting the skin, lymph nodes, salivary glands, tongue, oral cavity, tonsils, oropharynx, larynx, and thyroid gland.
- Benign tumors of the salivary glands, thyroid, head, and neck.
- Voice problems resulting from vocal cord cysts, polyps, nodules, and paralyzed vocal cords
- Swallowing problems related to Zenker’s diverticulum or cricopharyngeal achalasia
- Ear, nose, and throat diseases in children related to tonsil and adenoid disease, otitis media, sinusitis, or nasal septum and turbinate problems.
In his practice, Dr. Lister utilizes a variety of traditional and cutting-edge surgical techniques including:
- Endoscopic techniques for ear surgery and use of lasers in ear surgery
- Image-guided sinus surgery, balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic anterior skull base repair
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma
- Nerve monitoring for thyroid surgery
- Laryngeal microsurgery and laser surgery, endoscopic airway management, thyroplasty and injections for vocal cord paralysis
- Endoscopic and open approaches to Zenker’s diverticulum surgery
- A variety of technologies for tonsil, adenoid, and sinonasal surgery in children
Dr. Lister’s research interests include clinical investigation of new treatments and outcomes for chronic rhinosinusitis and other sinonasal disorders, eustachian tube disorders, and disorders of the tympanic membrane and middle ear.