Luke M. Funk, MD, MPH
Luke Funk MD, MPH is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Wisconsin. He received his medical degree from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine and Master of Public Health degree from the Harvard School of Public Health. He completed his general surgery residency at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. His fellowship training in minimally invasive in bariatric surgery was completed at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. His research interests are focused on obesity treatment and the decision-making involved in the care of obese patients.
- “Understanding Primary Care Physician Perspectives on Severe Obesity”
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) research grant
- Monetary amount: $25,000
- “Identifying and Addressing Barriers to Bariatric Surgery within VA”*
- VA Health Services Research and Development Career Development Award (CDA)
- Monetary Amount: $1.37 million