Monday, September 14, 2020 | 12:00-1:00pm
Join WiSOR faculty and staff for our annual Quickshots event. The program will include both snapshots of current research and a celebration of achievements from the past year. All are welcome to attend. Please contact Rebekah Olson (email@example.com) for meeting details.
OPIOID RESEARCH: CAMPUS PERSPECTIVES
This series has been postponed to Fall 2020.
Please check back then for more details.
In this two-part series, research from departments across campus will provide brief overviews of their research on the opioid epidemic and, in an interactive panel discussion, will connect their work to broader topics in healthcare research. We hope this series will spark new collaborations and ways of conducting research at the UW. Students, researchers, staff and faculty at all levels are welcome to attend. Please contact Rebekah Olson with any questions.
Session 1: “How We Talk to Patients about Opioids”
- Tudor Borza, MD (Urology)
- Betty Chewning, PhD and Tanvee Thakur MS., B.Pharm (Pharmacy)
- John Curtin, PhD (Psychology)
- Jonathan Kohler, MD (Surgery)
Session 2: “Novel Approaches to Substance Abuse Treatment”
- Randy Brown, MD and Alyssa Tilhou, MD (Family Medicine and Community Health)
- Andrew Quanbeck, PhD (Implementation Science and Engineering)
- James Ford, PhD and Aaron Gilson, PhD (Pharmacy)
- Olufunmilola Abraham, PhD (Pharmacy)