A Neil Salyapongse, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
1 S. Park Street
Madison, WI 53715
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 1995
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1995-1998
- Research Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 1998- 2000
- Residency in Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 2000- 2002
- Fellowship in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery (Orthopedic), Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 2002- 2003
Dr. Salyapongse is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and holds a “Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand“. His interests focus on disorders of the hand and upper extremity (trauma, nerve compression/injury, arthritis) as well as general reconstruction (including microsurgery) following trauma, tumor surgery (breast, skin, or extremity) and congenital abnormalities.
Dr. Salyapongse provides a wide range of services including Arthritic Reconstructions, Brachial Plexus Surgery, Carpal Tunnel Release, Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Digital Replantation, Hand Arthroplasty, Microvascular Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Tendon Repairs.
What Influences a Plastic Surgery Resident to Pursue an Academic Career?
Mandel BA, Weber SM, Gutowski KA, Salyapongse AN, Bentz ML
Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018 Oct; 6(10): e1860
[PubMed ID: 30534481]
Surgical Education Module Improves Operative Proficiency in Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release: A Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial of Trainees.
Kempton SJ, Salyapongse AN, Israel JS, Mandel BA
J Surg Educ 2018 Mar - Apr; 75(2): 442-449
[PubMed ID: 29033271]
Discussion: A Closer Look at the 2013 to 2014 Integrated Plastic Surgery Match.
Nayar HS, Salyapongse AN, Bentz ML
Plast Reconstr Surg 2016 Mar; 137(3): 630e-631e
[PubMed ID: 26910707]
Preserving and Improving the Trade: Best Practices in Plastic Surgery Education.
J Craniofac Surg 2015 Nov; 26(8): 2249-50
[PubMed ID: 26517472]
The Current State of Global Surgery Training in Plastic Surgery Residency.
Nayar HS, Salyapongse AN, Mount DL, Bentz ML
Plast Reconstr Surg 2015 Dec; 136(6): 830e-7e
[PubMed ID: 26270901]