A Neil Salyapongse, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
1 S. Park Street
Madison, WI 53715
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 1995
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1995-1998
- Research Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 1998- 2000
- Residency in Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 2000- 2002
- Fellowship in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery (Orthopedic), Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 2002- 2003
Dr. Salyapongse is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and holds a “Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand“. His interests focus on disorders of the hand and upper extremity (trauma, nerve compression/injury, arthritis) as well as general reconstruction (including microsurgery) following trauma, tumor surgery (breast, skin, or extremity) and congenital abnormalities.
Dr. Salyapongse provides a wide range of services including Arthritic Reconstructions, Brachial Plexus Surgery, Carpal Tunnel Release, Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Digital Replantation, Hand Arthroplasty, Microvascular Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Tendon Repairs.
- What Influences a Plastic Surgery Resident to Pursue an Academic Career?
- Mandel BA, Weber SM, Gutowski KA, Salyapongse AN, Bentz ML
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018 Oct; 6(10): e1860
- [PubMed ID: 30534481]
- Surgical Education Module Improves Operative Proficiency in Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release: A Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial of Trainees.
- Kempton SJ, Salyapongse AN, Israel JS, Mandel BA
- J Surg Educ 2018 Mar - Apr; 75(2): 442-449
- [PubMed ID: 29033271]
- Discussion: A Closer Look at the 2013 to 2014 Integrated Plastic Surgery Match.
- Nayar HS, Salyapongse AN, Bentz ML
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2016 Mar; 137(3): 630e-631e
- [PubMed ID: 26910707]
- Preserving and Improving the Trade: Best Practices in Plastic Surgery Education.
- Salyapongse AN
- J Craniofac Surg 2015 Nov; 26(8): 2249-50
- [PubMed ID: 26517472]
- The Current State of Global Surgery Training in Plastic Surgery Residency.
- Nayar HS, Salyapongse AN, Mount DL, Bentz ML
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2015 Dec; 136(6): 830e-7e
- [PubMed ID: 26270901]