Amy Fiedler, MD
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington DC, 2009
- General Surgery Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Cardiothoracic Research Laboratory, Boston, MA
- General Surgery / Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Clinical Surgery Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Dr. Fiedler specializes in the care of patients with end stage heart failure, including mechanical assistance and heart transplantation. She has broad experience with all aspects of adult cardiothoracic surgery, including coronary artery bypass grafting, valve repair and replacement, endocarditis, and the treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms.
Dr. Fiedler’s research interests focus on developing novel surgical treatments for heart failure, evaluating the utility of expanded donor criteria with respect to thoracic organ transplantation, ex-vivo perfusion for heart and lung transplantation, and surgical education.
- Papillary muscle rupture following routine aortic valve replacement.
- Fiedler AG, De Oliveira NC, Hermsen JL
- J Card Surg 2019 Sep 02;
- [PubMed ID: 31475399]
- New Technology, New Complications: Training the Next Generation of CT Surgeons.
- Fiedler AG, De Oliveira N
- Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2019 Aug 27;
- [PubMed ID: 31470014]
- Helpful sternal wound vacuum-assisted closure techniques in two open chest situations: Central extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and sternal infection.
- Schreiter NA, McCarthy DP, Fiedler AG, Young N, Demarais D, Anagnostopoulos PV, Hermsen JL
- J Card Surg 2019 Aug 23;
- [PubMed ID: 31441530]
- Heart transplantation in patients with Loeys-Dietz Syndrome - Is It a Novel Cardiomyopathy? (Reply).
- Fiedler AG
- Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2019 Jul 03;
- [PubMed ID: 31278912]
- We have met the enemy; the enemy is us.
- Stephens EH, Fiedler AG
- J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2019 Jun; 157(6): e395-e396
- [PubMed ID: 30826097]