Amy Fiedler, MD
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington DC, 2009
- General Surgery Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Cardiothoracic Research Laboratory, Boston, MA
- General Surgery / Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Clinical Surgery Fellowship, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Dr. Fiedler specializes in the care of patients with end stage heart failure, including mechanical assistance and heart transplantation. She has broad experience with all aspects of adult cardiothoracic surgery, including coronary artery bypass grafting, valve repair and replacement, endocarditis, and the treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysms.
Dr. Fiedler’s research interests focus on developing novel surgical treatments for heart failure, evaluating the utility of expanded donor criteria with respect to thoracic organ transplantation, ex-vivo perfusion for heart and lung transplantation, and surgical education.
- Heart transplantation in patients with Loeys-Dietz Syndrome - Is It a Novel Cardiomyopathy? (Reply).
- Fiedler AG
- Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2019 Jul 03;
- [PubMed ID: 31278912]
- We have met the enemy; the enemy is us.
- Stephens EH, Fiedler AG
- J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2019 Jun; 157(6): e395-e396
- [PubMed ID: 30826097]
- Correlation of cardiopulmonary bypass duration with acute renal failure after cardiac surgery.
- Axtell AL, Fiedler AG, Melnitchouk S, D'Alessandro DA, Villavicencio MA, Jassar AS, Sundt TM
- J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2019 Jan 31;
- [PubMed ID: 30826102]
- Reoperative sternotomy is associated with increased early mortality after cardiac transplantation.
- Axtell AL, Fiedler AG, Lewis G, Melnitchouk S, Tolis G, D'Alessandro DA, Villavicencio MA
- Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2019 Jun 01; 55(6): 1136-1143
- [PubMed ID: 30649307]
- Pain management and safety profiles after preoperative vs postoperative thoracic epidural insertion for bilateral lung transplantation.
- Axtell AL, Heng EE, Fiedler AG, Melnitchouk S, D'Alessandro DA, Tolis G, Astor T, Dalia AA, Cudemus G, Villavicencio MA
- Clin Transplant 2018 Dec; 32(12): e13445
- [PubMed ID: 30412311]