Amy E. Liepert, MD, FACS
- Division of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery, Burn and Surgical Critical Care
- Divisions of General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 2006
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2012
- Fellowship in Surgical Critical Care, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013
Dr. Liepert is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care. Dr. Liepert practices in the trauma, burn, acute care surgery and surgical critical care programs.
Dr. Liepert provides a wide range of services including Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal, Subcutaneous Tumor Removal, Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Liepert’s research interests include patient safety, health quality and outcomes research, and improving clinical process by evaluating current practice patterns and system standards.
- Pre-simulation orientation for medical trainees: An approach to decrease anxiety and improve confidence and performance.
- Bommer C, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Ahola Z, Agarwal S, O'Rourke A, Jung HS, Gibson A, Leverson G, Liepert AE
- Am. J. Surg. 2018 Feb; 215(2): 266-271
- [PubMed ID: 29174166]
- Patient-Centered Outcome Spectrum: An Evidence-based Framework to Aid in Shared Decision-making.
- Ingraham AM, Agarwal SK, Jung HS, Liepert AE, O'Rourke AP, Scarborough JE
- Ann. Surg. 2017 Sep 15;
- [PubMed ID: 28922208]
- Effect of transfer status on outcomes for necrotizing soft tissue infections.
- Ingraham AM, Jung HS, Liepert AE, Warner-Hillard C, Greenberg CC, Scarborough JE
- J. Surg. Res. 2017 Dec; 220: 372-378
- [PubMed ID: 29180205]
- The salutary effect of an integrated system on the rate of repeat CT scanning in transferred trauma patients: Improved costs and efficiencies.
- Bledsoe J, Liepert AE, Allen TL, Dong L, Hemingway J, Majercik S, Gardner S, Stevens MH
- Am. J. Surg. 2017 Aug; 214(2): 198-200
- [PubMed ID: 28283179]
- Number of rib fractures thresholds independently predict worse outcomes in older patients with blunt trauma.
- Shulzhenko NO, Zens TJ, Beems MV, Jung HS, O'Rourke AP, Liepert AE, Scarborough JE, Agarwal SK
- Surgery 2017 04; 161(4): 1083-1089
- [PubMed ID: 27932031]