Amy E. Liepert, MD, FACS
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 2006
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2012
- Fellowship in Surgical Critical Care, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013
Dr. Liepert is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care. Dr. Liepert practices in the trauma, burn, acute care surgery and surgical critical care programs.
Dr. Liepert provides a wide range of services including Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal, Subcutaneous Tumor Removal, Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Liepert’s research interests include patient safety, health quality and outcomes research, and improving clinical process by evaluating current practice patterns and system standards.
- Recommendations from the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma's Firearm Strategy Team (FAST) Workgroup: Chicago Consensus I.
- Talley CL, Campbell BT, Jenkins DH, Barnes SL, Sidwell RA, Timmerman G, Gross RI, Coburn M, Bailey J, Eastman A, Ficke J, Kuncir E, Letton R, Eastridge BJ, Liepert A, Wilson A, Robinette D, Davis J, Shalgian C, Michaels H, Weissler M, Kuhls DA, Bulger EM, Stewart RM, American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma FAST Workgroup
- J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2018 Nov 13;
- [PubMed ID: 30447396]
- Pre-simulation orientation for medical trainees: An approach to decrease anxiety and improve confidence and performance.
- Bommer C, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Ahola Z, Agarwal S, O'Rourke A, Jung HS, Gibson A, Leverson G, Liepert AE
- Am. J. Surg. 2018 Feb; 215(2): 266-271
- [PubMed ID: 29174166]
- Patient-Centered Outcome Spectrum: An Evidence-based Framework to Aid in Shared Decision-making.
- Ingraham AM, Agarwal SK, Jung HS, Liepert AE, O'Rourke AP, Scarborough JE
- Ann. Surg. 2018 Dec; 268(6): 980-984
- [PubMed ID: 28922208]
- Effect of transfer status on outcomes for necrotizing soft tissue infections.
- Ingraham AM, Jung HS, Liepert AE, Warner-Hillard C, Greenberg CC, Scarborough JE
- J. Surg. Res. 2017 Dec; 220: 372-378
- [PubMed ID: 29180205]
- The salutary effect of an integrated system on the rate of repeat CT scanning in transferred trauma patients: Improved costs and efficiencies.
- Bledsoe J, Liepert AE, Allen TL, Dong L, Hemingway J, Majercik S, Gardner S, Stevens MH
- Am. J. Surg. 2017 Aug; 214(2): 198-200
- [PubMed ID: 28283179]