Caprice C. Greenberg, MD, MPH, FACS
- Morgridge Distinguished Chair in Health Services Research
- Vice Chair of Research, Department of Surgery
- Director, Wisconsin Surgical Outcomes Research Program
- Division of Surgical Oncology
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- BA, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1994
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 1998
- General Surgery Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 1998-2005
- MPH, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, 2002
- Fellow in Surgical Oncology, Dana-Farber/Partner Cancer Center, Boston, MA, 2005-2007
Dr. Greenberg’s research program is dedicated to improving the quality and safety of surgical care. She has two goals that guide her work: 1) to improve operative performance and patient safety; and 2) to decrease practice variation and engage patients and other stakeholders in promoting high quality surgical care for patients with cancer.
- Breast Cancer Screening and Diagnosis, Version 3.2018, NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology.
- Bevers TB, Helvie M, Bonaccio E, Calhoun KE, Daly MB, Farrar WB, Garber JE, Gray R, Greenberg CC, Greenup R, Hansen NM, Harris RE, Heerdt AS, Helsten T, Hodgkiss L, Hoyt TL, Huff JG, Jacobs L, Lehman CD, Monsees B, Niell BL, Parker CC, Pearlman M, Philpotts L, Shepardson LB, Smith ML, Stein M, Tumyan L, Williams C, Bergman MA, Kumar R
- J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2018 Nov; 16(11): 1362-1389
- [PubMed ID: 30442736]
- Comorbidity Assessment in the National Cancer Database for Patients With Surgically Resected Breast, Colorectal, or Lung Cancer (AFT-01, -02, -03).
- Wong ML, McMurry TL, Schumacher JR, Hu CY, Stukenborg GJ, Francescatti AB, Greenberg CC, Chang GJ, McKellar DP, Walter LC, Kozower BD
- J Oncol Pract 2018 Oct; 14(10): e631-e643
- [PubMed ID: 30207852]
- Obesity and mortality after locoregional breast cancer diagnosis.
- Moore AH, Trentham-Dietz A, Burns M, Gangnon RE, Greenberg CC, Vanness DJ, Hampton J, Wu XC, Anderson RT, Lipscomb J, Kimmick GG, Cress R, Wilson JF, Sabatino SA, Fleming ST
- Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2018 Dec; 172(3): 647-657
- [PubMed ID: 30159788]
- Adaptation and Implementation of a Transitional Care Protocol for Patients Undergoing Complex Abdominal Surgery.
- Fisher AV, Campbell-Flohr SA, Sell L, Osterhaus E, Acher AW, Leahy-Gross K, Brenny-Fitzpatrick M, Kind AJH, Carayon P, Abbott DE, Winslow ER, Greenberg CC, Fernandes-Taylor S, Weber SM
- Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2018 Dec; 44(12): 741-750
- [PubMed ID: 30097384]
- Characteristics and Timing of Interhospital Transfers of Emergency General Surgery Patients.
- Philip JL, Saucke MC, Schumacher JR, Fernandes-Taylor S, Havlena J, Greenberg CC, Ingraham AM
- J. Surg. Res. 2019 Jan; 233: 8-19
- [PubMed ID: 30502291]