Caprice C. Greenberg, MD, MPH, FACS
- Morgridge Distinguished Chair in Health Services Research
- Vice Chair of Research, Department of Surgery
- Director, Wisconsin Surgical Outcomes Research Program
- Division of Surgical Oncology
- Divisions of General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- BA, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1994
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 1998
- General Surgery Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 1998-2005
- MPH, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, 2002
- Fellow in Surgical Oncology, Dana-Farber/Partner Cancer Center, Boston, MA, 2005-2007
Dr. Greenberg’s research program is dedicated to improving the quality and safety of surgical care. She has two goals that guide her work: 1) to improve operative performance and patient safety; and 2) to decrease practice variation and engage patients and other stakeholders in promoting high quality surgical care for patients with cancer.
- Comorbidity Assessment in the National Cancer Database for Patients With Surgically Resected Breast, Colorectal, or Lung Cancer (AFT-01, -02, -03).
- Wong ML, McMurry TL, Schumacher JR, Hu CY, Stukenborg GJ, Francescatti AB, Greenberg CC, Chang GJ, McKellar DP, Walter LC, Kozower BD
- J Oncol Pract 2018 Oct; 14(10): e631-e643
- [PubMed ID: 30207852]
- Obesity and mortality after locoregional breast cancer diagnosis.
- Moore AH, Trentham-Dietz A, Burns M, Gangnon RE, Greenberg CC, Vanness DJ, Hampton J, Wu XC, Anderson RT, Lipscomb J, Kimmick GG, Cress R, Wilson JF, Sabatino SA, Fleming ST
- Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2018 Aug 29;
- [PubMed ID: 30159788]
- Adaptation and Implementation of a Transitional Care Protocol for Patients Undergoing Complex Abdominal Surgery.
- Fisher AV, Campbell-Flohr SA, Sell L, Osterhaus E, Acher AW, Leahy-Gross K, Brenny-Fitzpatrick M, Kind AJH, Carayon P, Abbott DE, Winslow ER, Greenberg CC, Fernandes-Taylor S, Weber SM
- Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2018 Aug 07;
- [PubMed ID: 30097384]
- Leadership in American Surgery: Women are Rising to the Top.
- Pories SE, Turner PL, Greenberg CC, Babu MA, Parangi S
- Ann. Surg. 2018 Jul 24;
- [PubMed ID: 30048312]
- Measuring Quality in a Shifting Payment Landscape: Implications for Surgical Oncology.
- Abbott DE, Greenberg CC
- Surg. Oncol. Clin. N. Am. 2018 Oct; 27(4): xv-xvi
- [PubMed ID: 30213418]