Elizabeth A Sisk, MD
Clinical Associate Professor
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
- BS, Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 1993
- MD, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 1997
- Research Fellow, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1997-1998
- General Surgery Internship, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI, 1998-1999
- Residency, Otolaryngology , University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI, 1999-2004
Dr. Sisk is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. Her clinical practice comprises all aspects of pediatric and general otolaryngology, including sinonasal disorders, head and neck surgery, laryngology, and cutaneous malignancies of the head and neck.
Dr. Sisk provides a wide range of services including Adenoidectomy, Bronchoscopy, Choanal Atresia Repair, Ear Wax Impaction Removal, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Intraoral Biopsy, Laryngoscopy, Nasal Cautery, Neck Mass Excision, Needle Biopsy of Neck Mass, Placement of Myringotomy and Tympanostomy Tube, Removal of Nasal and Ear Foreign Bodies, Septoplasty, Simple Cutaneous and Facial Biopsy, Sinus Evaluations and Cultures, Sinus Surgery, Snoreplasty, Tonsillectomy, Tracheostomy, Tympanostomy (Ear) Tube Placement.
The focus of Dr. Sisk’s research is the investigation of DNA tumor viruses in head and neck carcinoma.
- Tracheotomy in very low birth weight neonates: indications and outcomes.
- Sisk EA, Kim TB, Schumacher R, Dechert R, Driver L, Ramsey AM, Lesperance MM
- Laryngoscope 2006 Jun; 116(6): 928-33
- [PubMed ID: 16735883]
- Epstein-Barr virus detected in a head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cell line derived from an immunocompromised patient.
- Sisk EA, Bradford CR, Carey TE, Paulino A, Robertson E
- Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 2003 Oct; 129(10): 1115-24
- [PubMed ID: 14568799]
- Human papillomavirus and p53 mutational status as prognostic factors in head and neck carcinoma.
- Sisk EA, Soltys SG, Zhu S, Fisher SG, Carey TE, Bradford CR
- Head Neck 2002 Sep; 24(9): 841-9
- [PubMed ID: 12211048]
- Clinical implications of human papillomavirus infection.
- Sisk EA, Robertson ES
- Front. Biosci. 2002 Mar 01; 7: e77-84
- [PubMed ID: 11861218]
- Human papillomavirus infection in "young" versus "old" patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Sisk EA, Bradford CR, Jacob A, Yian CH, Staton KM, Tang G, Harris MO, Carey TE, Lancaster WD, Gregoire L
- Head Neck 2000 Oct; 22(7): 649-57
- [PubMed ID: 11002318]