G. Mark Pyle, MD
- Academic Vice Chairman
- Chief of Otology/Neurotology Section
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI, 1984
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1984-1989
- Fellow, Neurotology and Skull-base Surgery, Chicago Otology Group, Ltd., Chicago, IL, 1989-1991
Charles N. Ford Teaching Award (2016-2017)
Dr. Pyle is double board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and the American Board of Neurotology. He specializes in otology, neurotology, and lateral skull base surgery. Specialty areas include: disorders of the ear, facial nerve and balance disorders, restoration of hearing and cochlear implantation, and skull base tumor surgery.
Dr. Pyle provides a wide range of services including Acoustic Neuroma Removal, Bone-Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA), Cochlear Implants, Congenital Atresia of the Ear Canal and Middle Ear, Endolymphatic Sac Decompression, Facial Nerve Grafting, Gentamicin Titration, Labyrinthectomy or Vestibular Neurectomy, Mastoidectomy, Mastoid Obliteration, Ossiculoplasty, Removal of Tumors and Vascular Lesions of the Middle and Posterior Skull Base and Brain, Posterior Semicircular Canal Occlusion, Skull Base Surgery, Stapedectomy, Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence, Tympanoplasty.
Dr. Pyle is currently the PI on two studies on vestibular retraining for visual vertigo. Dr. Pyle’s research interests include new techniques in intraoperative monitoring during acoustic neuroma surgery, outcome studies in the surgical treatment of vertigo, objective measurements of middle ear function, and embryologic development of the inner ear.
- Aggressive, Multidisciplinary Staged Microsurgical Resection of a Giant Cervicomedullary Junction Chordoma.
- Sayyahmelli S, Dogan I, Wieland AM, Pyle M, Başkaya MK
- J Neurol Surg B Skull Base 2019 Dec; 80(Suppl 4): S378-S379
- [PubMed ID: 31824818]
- The Temporoparietal Fascia Flap is an Effective Strategy for Cochlear Implant Wound Coverage.
- Leonhard L, Roche J, Wieland A, Pyle GM
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2020 Feb; 129(2): 135-141
- [PubMed ID: 31559861]
- Resection of middle petroclival meningioma via combined anterior transpetrosal and retrosigmoid approaches at two separate stages: 3D operative video.
- Dogan I, Ocak PE, Pyle GM, Başkaya MK
- Neurosurg Focus 2017 Oct; 43(VideoSuppl2): V12
- [PubMed ID: 28967312]
- Transmastoid approach to the superior semicircular canal: An anatomical study.
- Yamanaka T, Pyle GM, Hosoi H
- Auris Nasus Larynx 2014 Apr; 41(2): 169-71
- [PubMed ID: 24206827]
- Single institution experience treating 104 vestibular schwannomas with fractionated stereotactic radiation therapy or stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Anderson BM, Khuntia D, Bentzen SM, Geye HM, Hayes LL, Kuo JS, Baskaya MK, Badie B, Basavatia A, Pyle GM, Tomé WA, Mehta MP
- J. Neurooncol. 2014 Jan; 116(1): 187-93
- [PubMed ID: 24142200]