Gregory K Hartig, MD, FACS
- Chief, Section of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988
- Internship, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988-1989
- Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1989-1993
- Fellow, Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1993-1994
Dr. Hartig is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. His practice combines traditional head and neck surgery with facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He has extensive experience managing head and neck cancer, including tumors of the skull base, and performing microvascular free tissue transfer reconstruction. Dr. Hartig directs the head and neck oncology program at UW Hospital and Clinics.
Dr. Hartig provides a wide range of services including Airway Dilation, Airway Reconstruction, Endoscopic Partial Laryngectomy, Esophageal Dilation, Free Flap, Free Tissue Transfer, Functional Neck Dissection, Laryngeal Surgery, Laser Procedures, Leukoplakia Laser Treatment, Maxilofacial Trauma Repair, Open Partial Laryngectomy, Thyroid Surgery, Thyroidectomy, Thyroid Lobectomy, Total Laryngectomy, Total Thyroidectomy, Transoral Robotic Surgery.
Dr. Hartig has research interests in the cytogenetics of head and neck carcinoma, free flap physiology, and airway reconstruction.
- Auriculotemporal Nerve Involvement in Parotid Bed Malignancy.
- Thompson JD, Avey GD, Wieland AM, Harari PM, Glazer TA, McCulloch TM, Hartig GK
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2019 Mar 20; 3489419837574
- [PubMed ID: 30894024]
- Personalized Treatment for Lacrimal Sac Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma: Case Report and Literature Review.
- Bowen RC, Ko HC, Avey GD, Hartig GK, Hu R, Harari PM, Lucarelli MJ
- Pract Radiat Oncol 2019 Feb 04;
- [PubMed ID: 30731273]
- A Comparison of E6H4 and G175-405 p16-specific Monoclonal Antibodies in Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
- Ennis CM, Rohrbach MR, Schwalbe M, Mahajan A, Hartig GK
- Appl. Immunohistochem. Mol. Morphol. 2019 Jan 19;
- [PubMed ID: 30664533]
- Is HPV-Associated Oropharyngeal Cancer Becoming More Common in Older Patients?
- Thompson JD, Harari PM, Hartig GK
- Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol 2018 Dec; 3(6): 446-449
- [PubMed ID: 30599028]
- Pilot trial of the hu14.18-IL2 immunocytokine in patients with completely resectable recurrent stage III or stage IV melanoma.
- Albertini MR, Yang RK, Ranheim EA, Hank JA, Zuleger CL, Weber S, Neuman H, Hartig G, Weigel T, Mahvi D, Henry MB, Quale R, McFarland T, Gan J, Carmichael L, Kim K, Loibner H, Gillies SD, Sondel PM
- Cancer Immunol. Immunother. 2018 Oct; 67(10): 1647-1658
- [PubMed ID: 30073390]