Gregory K Hartig, MD, FACS
- Chief, Section of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988
- Internship, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988-1989
- Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1989-1993
- Fellow, Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1993-1994
Dr. Hartig is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. His practice combines traditional head and neck surgery with facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He has extensive experience managing head and neck cancer, including tumors of the skull base, and performing microvascular free tissue transfer reconstruction. Dr. Hartig directs the head and neck oncology program at UW Hospital and Clinics.
Dr. Hartig provides a wide range of services including Airway Dilation, Airway Reconstruction, Endoscopic Partial Laryngectomy, Esophageal Dilation, Free Flap, Free Tissue Transfer, Functional Neck Dissection, Laryngeal Surgery, Laser Procedures, Leukoplakia Laser Treatment, Maxilofacial Trauma Repair, Open Partial Laryngectomy, Thyroid Surgery, Thyroidectomy, Thyroid Lobectomy, Total Laryngectomy, Total Thyroidectomy, Transoral Robotic Surgery.
Dr. Hartig has research interests in the cytogenetics of head and neck carcinoma, free flap physiology, and airway reconstruction.
- Incidental Findings on FDG PET/CT in Head and Neck Cancer.
- Britt CJ, Maas AM, Kennedy TA, Hartig GK
- Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2017 Nov 01; 194599817742579
- [PubMed ID: 29160180]
- Lymph Node Yield in Therapeutic Neck Dissection: Impact of Dissection Levels and Prior Radiotherapy.
- Lippert D, Dang P, Cannon D, Harari PM, McCulloch TM, Hoffman MR, Hartig GK
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2017 Nov; 126(11): 762-767
- [PubMed ID: 28948832]
- Use of sialendoscopy as an aid to identify a large retained foreign body.
- Britt CJ, Hyman D, Hartig GK
- Ear Nose Throat J 2017 Aug; 96(8): E18-E19
- [PubMed ID: 28846794]
- Clinical outcomes for patients presenting with N3 head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: Analysis of the National Cancer Database.
- Ko HC, Chen S, Wieland AM, Yu M, Baschnagel AM, Hartig GK, Harari PM, Witek ME
- Head Neck 2017 Nov; 39(11): 2159-2170
- [PubMed ID: 28737019]
- Radiosensitization of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma with MDM2 Inhibition.
- Prabakaran PJ, Javaid AM, Swick AD, Werner LR, Nickel KP, Sampene E, Hu R, Ong IM, Bruce JY, Hartig GK, Wieland AM, Canon J, Harari PM, Kimple RJ
- Clin. Cancer Res. 2017 Oct 15; 23(20): 6044-6053
- [PubMed ID: 28659312]