Gregory K Hartig, MD, FACS
- Chief, Section of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988
- Internship, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988-1989
- Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1989-1993
- Fellow, Head and Neck Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1993-1994
Dr. Hartig is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. His practice combines traditional head and neck surgery with facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. He has extensive experience managing head and neck cancer, including tumors of the skull base, and performing microvascular free tissue transfer reconstruction. Dr. Hartig directs the head and neck oncology program at UW Hospital and Clinics.
Dr. Hartig provides a wide range of services including Airway Dilation, Airway Reconstruction, Endoscopic Partial Laryngectomy, Esophageal Dilation, Free Flap, Free Tissue Transfer, Functional Neck Dissection, Laryngeal Surgery, Laser Procedures, Leukoplakia Laser Treatment, Maxilofacial Trauma Repair, Open Partial Laryngectomy, Thyroid Surgery, Thyroidectomy, Thyroid Lobectomy, Total Laryngectomy, Total Thyroidectomy, Transoral Robotic Surgery.
Dr. Hartig has research interests in the cytogenetics of head and neck carcinoma, free flap physiology, and airway reconstruction.
- Pilot trial of the hu14.18-IL2 immunocytokine in patients with completely resectable recurrent stage III or stage IV melanoma.
- Albertini MR, Yang RK, Ranheim EA, Hank JA, Zuleger CL, Weber S, Neuman H, Hartig G, Weigel T, Mahvi D, Henry MB, Quale R, McFarland T, Gan J, Carmichael L, Kim K, Loibner H, Gillies SD, Sondel PM
- Cancer Immunol. Immunother. 2018 Oct; 67(10): 1647-1658
- [PubMed ID: 30073390]
- Results From 10 Years of a Free Oral Cancer Screening Clinic at a Major Academic Health Center.
- Blitzer GC, Rosenberg SA, Anderson BM, McCulloch TM, Wieland AM, Hartig GK, Bruce JY, Witek ME, Kimple RJ, Harari PM
- Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2018 Sep 01; 102(1): 146-148
- [PubMed ID: 29980415]
- Survival Outcomes for Patients With T3N0M0 Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Glottic Larynx-Reply.
- Witek ME, Hartig GK, Harari PM
- JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2018 Jun 01; 144(6): 543
- [PubMed ID: 29621382]
- Outcomes for patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma presenting with N3 nodal disease.
- Witek ME, Wieland AM, Chen S, Kennedy TA, Hullett CR, Liang E, Hartig GK, Kimple RJ, Harari PM
- Cancers Head Neck 2017; 2
- [PubMed ID: 29527332]
- Incidental Findings on FDG PET/CT in Head and Neck Cancer.
- Britt CJ, Maas AM, Kennedy TA, Hartig GK
- Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2018 Mar; 158(3): 484-488
- [PubMed ID: 29160180]