Hans W. Sollinger, MD, PhD, FACS
- Folkert O. Belzer Professor of Surgery
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Divison of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
BX7375 Clinical Science Center-H4
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Medical School of Munich, 1973
- PhD, University of Munich, Germany, 1975
- Fellowship, Immunobiology Research, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1975-1976
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1976-1980
Dr. Sollinger is on the editorial board of several international academic journals, including Transplantation and the Journal of the American College of Surgeons.
He holds offices for the following national and international professional societies:
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons (past-president)
- International Society of Organ Sharing (past-president)
- The Transplantation Society (treasurer)
Dr. Sollinger is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in kidney and pancreas transplantation as well as total pancreatectomy and islet autotransplantation as a treatment for chronic pancreatitis.
Dr. Sollinger provides a wide range of services including Kidney Transplant, Loin Pain Hematuria Syndrome Treatment, Nutcracker Syndrome Treatment.
Dr. Sollinger’s research interests include the clinical and preclinical testing of new immunosuppressive agents and gene therapy for cell transplantation.
- Renal autotransplantation results in pain resolution after left renal vein transposition.
- Bath NM, Al-Qaoud T, Williams DH, Sollinger HW, Redfield RR
- J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord 2019 Jul 16;
- [PubMed ID: 31324550]
- Salvage Renal Autotransplant Following Previous Renal Vein Stenting in Nutcracker Syndrome.
- Al-Qaoud T, Bath N, Redfield R, Sollinger HW
- Exp Clin Transplant 2019 May 17;
- [PubMed ID: 31104623]
- Enteric conversion after bladder-drained pancreas transplantation is not associated with worse allograft survival.
- Adler JT, Zaborek N, Redfield RR, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS, Sollinger HW
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Mar 05;
- [PubMed ID: 30838785]
- The "UW-LPHS Test": A New Test to Predict the Outcome of Renal Autotransplant for Loin Pain Hematuria Syndrome.
- Sollinger HW, Al-Qaoud T, Bath N, Redfield RR
- Exp Clin Transplant 2018 12; 16(6): 651-655
- [PubMed ID: 30251941]
- Ipsilateral versus contralateral placement of the pancreas allograft in pancreas after kidney transplant recipients.
- Yin H, Arpali E, Leverson GE, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS
- Clin Transplant 2018 08; 32(8): e13337
- [PubMed ID: 29952108]