Hans W. Sollinger, MD, PhD, FACS
- Folkert O. Belzer Professor of Surgery
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Divison of Transplantation
600 HIGHLAND AVE
BX7375 CLINICAL SCIENCE CNTR-H4
MADISON, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Medical School of Munich, 1973
- PhD, University of Munich, Germany, 1975
- Fellowship, Immunobiology Research, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1975-1976
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1976-1980
Dr. Sollinger is on the editorial board of several international academic journals, including Transplantation and the Journal of the American College of Surgeons.
He holds offices for the following national and international professional societies:
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons (past-president)
- International Society of Organ Sharing (past-president)
- The Transplantation Society (treasurer)
Dr. Sollinger is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in kidney and pancreas transplantation as well as total pancreatectomy and islet autotransplantation as a treatment for chronic pancreatitis.
Dr. Sollinger’s research interests include the clinical and preclinical testing of new immunosuppressive agents and gene therapy for cell transplantation.
- An Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Simultaneous Bilateral Nephrectomy and Renal Transplantation for Polycystic Kidney Disease: A 20-Year Experience.
- Grodstein EI, Baggett N, Wayne S, Leverson G, D'Alessandro AM, Fernandez LA, Foley DP, Mezrich JD, Odorico JS, Redfield RR, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB
- Transplantation 2017 Nov; 101(11): 2774-2779
- [PubMed ID: 29064957]
- Prevalence and outcomes of cystic lesions of the transplant pancreas: The University of Wisconsin Experience.
- Al-Qaoud TM, Martinez EJ, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB, Redfield RR, Welch B, Leverson G, Odorico JS
- Am. J. Transplant. 2017 Oct 11;
- [PubMed ID: 29024476]
- Concurrent biopsies of both grafts in recipients of simultaneous pancreas and kidney demonstrate high rates of discordance for rejection as well as discordance in type of rejection - a retrospective study.
- Parajuli S, Arpali E, Astor BC, Djamali A, Aziz F, Redfield RR, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB, Odorico J, Mandelbrot DA
- Transpl. Int. 2017 Jul 03;
- [PubMed ID: 28672081]
- The Importance and Utility of Hemoglobin A1c Levels in the Assessment of Donor Pancreas Allografts.
- Arpali E, Scalea JR, Redfield RR, Berg L, Kaufman DB, Sollinger HW, Welch B, Leverson G, Odorico JS
- Transplantation 2017 Oct; 101(10): 2508-2519
- [PubMed ID: 27984519]
- Only Time Will Tell: The Future of Donation After Circulatory Death.
- Scalea JR, Sollinger HW
- Exp Clin Transplant 2016 Nov; 14(Suppl 3): 27-31
- [PubMed ID: 27805506]