Hans W. Sollinger, MD, PhD, FACS
- Folkert O. Belzer Professor of Surgery
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Divison of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
BX7375 Clinical Science Center-H4
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Medical School of Munich, 1973
- PhD, University of Munich, Germany, 1975
- Fellowship, Immunobiology Research, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1975-1976
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1976-1980
Dr. Sollinger is on the editorial board of several international academic journals, including Transplantation and the Journal of the American College of Surgeons.
He holds offices for the following national and international professional societies:
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons (past-president)
- International Society of Organ Sharing (past-president)
- The Transplantation Society (treasurer)
Dr. Sollinger is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in kidney and pancreas transplantation as well as total pancreatectomy and islet autotransplantation as a treatment for chronic pancreatitis.
Dr. Sollinger provides a wide range of services including Kidney Transplant, Loin Pain Hematuria Syndrome Treatment, Nutcracker Syndrome Treatment.
Dr. Sollinger’s research interests include the clinical and preclinical testing of new immunosuppressive agents and gene therapy for cell transplantation.
- The "UW-LPHS Test": A New Test to Predict the Outcome of Renal Autotransplant for Loin Pain Hematuria Syndrome.
- Sollinger HW, Al-Qaoud T, Bath N, Redfield RR
- Exp Clin Transplant 2018 Dec; 16(6): 651-655
- [PubMed ID: 30251941]
- Ipsilateral versus contralateral placement of the pancreas allograft in pancreas after kidney transplant recipients.
- Yin H, Arpali E, Leverson GE, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS
- Clin Transplant 2018 Aug; 32(8): e13337
- [PubMed ID: 29952108]
- Impact of ureteral stricture and treatment choice on long-term graft survival in kidney transplantation.
- Arpali E, Al-Qaoud T, Martinez E, Redfield RR, Leverson GE, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS, Sollinger HW
- Am. J. Transplant. 2018 Aug; 18(8): 1977-1985
- [PubMed ID: 29446225]
- An Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Simultaneous Bilateral Nephrectomy and Renal Transplantation for Polycystic Kidney Disease: A 20-Year Experience.
- Grodstein EI, Baggett N, Wayne S, Leverson G, D'Alessandro AM, Fernandez LA, Foley DP, Mezrich JD, Odorico JS, Redfield RR, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB
- Transplantation 2017 11; 101(11): 2774-2779
- [PubMed ID: 29064957]
- Prevalence and outcomes of cystic lesions of the transplant pancreas: The University of Wisconsin Experience.
- Al-Qaoud TM, Martinez EJ, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB, Redfield RR, Welch B, Leverson G, Odorico JS
- Am. J. Transplant. 2018 02; 18(2): 467-477
- [PubMed ID: 29024476]