Hans W. Sollinger, MD, PhD, FACS
- Section of Kidney and Pancreas Surgery
- Divison of Transplantation
Clinical Science Center
600 Highland Avenue
Madison WI 53792
- MD, Medical School of Munich, 1973
- PhD, University of Munich, Germany, 1975
- Fellowship, Immunobiology Research, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1975-1976
- Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1976-1980
Castle Connolly America’s Top Doctors Surgery
Best Doctors in America Award Surgery, Transplantation
Dr. Sollinger is on the editorial board of several international academic journals, including Transplantation and the Journal of the American College of Surgeons.
He holds offices for the following national and international professional societies:
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons (past-president)
- International Society of Organ Sharing (past-president)
- The Transplantation Society (treasurer)
Dr. Sollinger’s research interests include the clinical and preclinical testing of new immunosuppressive agents and gene therapy for cell transplantation.
Renal autotransplantation results in pain resolution after left renal vein transposition.
Bath NM, Al-Qaoud T, Williams DH, Sollinger HW, Redfield RR
J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord 2019 Sep; 7(5): 739-741
[PubMed ID: 31324550]
Salvage Renal Autotransplant Following Previous Renal Vein Stenting in Nutcracker Syndrome.
Al-Qaoud T, Bath N, Redfield R, Sollinger HW
Exp Clin Transplant 2020 Jun; 18(3): 300-305
[PubMed ID: 31104623]
Enteric conversion after bladder-drained pancreas transplantation is not associated with worse allograft survival.
Adler JT, Zaborek N, Redfield RR, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS, Sollinger HW
Am J Transplant 2019 Sep; 19(9): 2543-2549
[PubMed ID: 30838785]
The "UW-LPHS Test": A New Test to Predict the Outcome of Renal Autotransplant for Loin Pain Hematuria Syndrome.
Sollinger HW, Al-Qaoud T, Bath N, Redfield RR
Exp Clin Transplant 2018 Dec; 16(6): 651-655
[PubMed ID: 30251941]
Ipsilateral versus contralateral placement of the pancreas allograft in pancreas after kidney transplant recipients.
Yin H, Arpali E, Leverson GE, Sollinger HW, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS
Clin Transplant 2018 Aug; 32(8): e13337
[PubMed ID: 29952108]