Ian J. Koszewski, MD
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 2012
- Otolaryngology Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2017
- Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery Fellowship, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, 2018
Dr. Koszewski is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and is an active member of the American Rhinologic Society and the North American Skull Base Society. He is fellowship-trained in rhinology and skull base surgery. He specializes in care of the nose and sinuses as well as tumors of the cranial base and pituitary gland. His specific areas of expertise include complex or revision sinus surgery, and endoscopic resection and reconstruction of the anterior skull base. He is a member of the multidisciplinary Skull Base Team at the University of Wisconsin and works closely with Neurosurgeons, Neuroradiologists, Endocrinologists, and other Otolaryngologists to provide comprehensive care for diseases of the ventral skull base.
Dr. Koszewski provides a wide range of services including Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Revision Sinus Surgery, Nasal Airway Surgery, Frontal Sinus Surgery, Draf Procedures / Modified Lothrop Procedures, Extended Maxillary and Sphenoid Sinus Surgery, Endoscopic Medial Maxillectomy, Turbinate Reduction, Septoplasty, Nasal Polypectomy, Pituitary Surgery, Resection of Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Nose, Sinuses, and Skull Base, Skull Base Reconstruction, Endoscopic Endonasal Approaches to the Skull Base and Pituitary Gland, CSF Leak Repair, Sphenopalatine Artery Ligation, Epistaxis Surgery, Nasal Cautery, Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, Tracheotomy.
His research interests focus on innovating surgical techniques in skull base surgery, optimizing outcomes after sinus and skull base surgery, and improving multidisciplinary care.
- Evaluation of cranial base repair techniques utilizing a novel cadaveric CPAP model.
- Chitguppi C, Rimmer RA, Garcia HG, Koszewski IJ, Fastenberg JH, Nyquist GG, Rosen MR, Huntley C, Rabinowitz MR, Evans JJ
- Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2019 Jul; 9(7): 795-803
- [PubMed ID: 30748124]
- The Role of Free Tissue Transfer in the Management of Chronic Frontal Sinus Osteomyelitis.
- Rimmer RA, Duffy AN, Knops AM, Rabinowitz MR, Koszewski IJ, Rosen MR, Ortlip T, Heffelfinger RN, Garcia HG, Evans JJ, Nyquist GG, Curry JM
- Laryngoscope 2019 07; 129(7): 1497-1504
- [PubMed ID: 30549281]
- A cadaveric model for measuring sinonasal continuous positive airway pressure-a proof-of-concept study.
- Rimmer RA, Chitguppi C, Garcia HG, Koszewski IJ, Nyquist GG, Rosen MR, Huntley C, Evans JJ, Rabinowitz MR
- Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2019 02; 9(2): 197-203
- [PubMed ID: 30431712]
- Biphenotypic Sinonasal Sarcoma-Case Report and Review of Clinicopathological Features and Diagnostic Modalities.
- Chitguppi C, Koszewski I, Collura K, Curtis M, Nyquist G, Rabinowitz M, Rosen M
- J Neurol Surg B Skull Base 2019 Feb; 80(1): 51-58
- [PubMed ID: 30733901]
- Extent of Endoscopic Resection for Anterior Skull Base Tumors: An MRI-Based Volumetric Analysis.
- Koszewski IJ, Avey G, Ahmed A, Leonhard L, Hoffman MR, McCulloch TM
- J Neurol Surg B Skull Base 2017 Jun; 78(3): 227-234
- [PubMed ID: 28593109]