Jack J Jiang, MD, PhD
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Medical Sciences Center
1300 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706-1509
- MD, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, 1983
- PhD, Speech Pathology and Audiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. Supervisor: Professor IR Titze, 1991
- General Internship, Affiliated Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, 1982-1983
- Otolaryngology Resident Training Program, Department of Otolaryngology, Affiliated EENT Hospital, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, China. 1983-1985
- Research Fellow, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Supervisor: Brian F. McCabe, MD, 1985-1986
Dr. Jiang’s research focuses on objective pathological laryngeal function assessments, laryngeal physiology, biomechanics of vocal fold vibration, medical instrumentation, medical software development and application. Dr. Jiang is also working on the development of accurate protocols for voice measurement in patients with laryngeal pathology, including professional voice users and children.
Dr. Jiang is Director of International Collaborative Research and Translational Research for the Department of Surgery, and he is Director of the Otolaryngic Biomedical Engineering Research Center and the Laryngeal Physiology Lab. He has published more than 230 original manuscripts in the area of voice measurement and disorders, and serves on the editorial boards for The Laryngoscope, Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology, and Journal of Voice. He has served on Study Sections for the Center for Scientific Review of NIH since 1998, and he is a 2001 recipient of a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers.
- Measurement Reliability of Laryngeal Resistance and Mean Flow Rate in Pediatric Subjects.
- Scholp AJ, Hedberg CD, Lamb JR, Hoffman MR, Braden MN, McMurray JS, Jiang JJ
- J Voice 2019 Feb 19;
- [PubMed ID: 30792082]
- Effects of a simulated system of straw phonation on the complete phonatory range of excised canine larynges.
- Kang J, Scholp A, Tangney J, Jiang JJ
- Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2019 Feb; 276(2): 473-482
- [PubMed ID: 30631899]
- Quantitative second harmonic generation imaging of leporine, canine, and porcine vocal fold collagen.
- Devine EE, Liu Y, Keikhosravi A, Eliceiri KW, Jiang JJ
- Laryngoscope 2019 Jan 09;
- [PubMed ID: 30628080]
- Establishment of a novel and effective reflux laryngitis model in rabbits: a preliminary study.
- Lou Z, Xue C, Kang J, Gong T, Scholp A, Jiang JJ
- Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 2019 Jan; 276(1): 175-183
- [PubMed ID: 30535974]
- The effects of cryotherapy on vocal fold healing in a rabbit model.
- Gong T, Zhang C, Kang J, Lou Z, Scholp A, Jiang JJ
- Laryngoscope 2019 Apr; 129(4): E151-E157
- [PubMed ID: 30468242]