Jack J Jiang, MD, PhD
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Medical Sciences Center
1300 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706-1509
- MD, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, 1983
- PhD, Speech Pathology and Audiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. Supervisor: Professor IR Titze, 1991
- General Internship, Affiliated Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, 1982-1983
- Otolaryngology Resident Training Program, Department of Otolaryngology, Affiliated EENT Hospital, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, China. 1983-1985
- Research Fellow, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Supervisor: Brian F. McCabe, MD, 1985-1986
Dr. Jiang’s research focuses on objective pathological laryngeal function assessments, laryngeal physiology, biomechanics of vocal fold vibration, medical instrumentation, medical software development and application. Dr. Jiang is also working on the development of accurate protocols for voice measurement in patients with laryngeal pathology, including professional voice users and children.
Dr. Jiang is Director of International Collaborative Research and Translational Research for the Department of Surgery, and he is Director of the Otolaryngic Biomedical Engineering Research Center and the Laryngeal Physiology Lab. He has published more than 230 original manuscripts in the area of voice measurement and disorders, and serves on the editorial boards for The Laryngoscope, Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology, and Journal of Voice. He has served on Study Sections for the Center for Scientific Review of NIH since 1998, and he is a 2001 recipient of a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers.
The Influence of Voice Training on Vocal Learner's Objective Acoustic Voice Components.
Wu P, Klein L, Rozema Z, Haderlein N, Cai J, Scholp A, Xu X, Jiang JJ, Zhuang P
J Voice 2021 Feb 27;
[PubMed ID: 33653622]
Age and Sex Comparison of Aerodynamic Phonation Measurements Using Noninvasive Assessment.
Lamb JR, Scholp AJ, Jiang JJ
J Speech Lang Hear Res 2021 Mar 17; 64(3): 776-791
[PubMed ID: 33606949]
Laryngopharyngeal Reflux and Inflammatory Responses in Mucosal Barrier Dysfunction of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract.
Liu D, Qian T, Sun S, Jiang JJ
J Inflamm Res 2020; 13: 1291-1304
[PubMed ID: 33447069]
To Explore the Changes and Differences of Microstructure of Vocal Fold in Vocal Fold Paralysis and Cricoarytenoid Joint Dislocation by Diffusion Tensor Imaging.
Cai J, Kim YJ, Xu X, Ma Y, Scholp A, Jiang JJ, Liu T, Zhuang P
J Voice 2020 Dec 31;
[PubMed ID: 33388227]
Comparison Between Combination of Resonant Voice Therapy and Vocal Hygiene Education and Vocal Hygiene Education Only for Female Elementary School Teachers.
Liu H, Chen S, Gao L, Li J, Liu B, Raj H, Xie Q, Duan H, Jiang Z, Liu Y, Chen B, Liu Y, Jiang J
J Voice 2020 Oct 13;
[PubMed ID: 33067118]