Jack J Jiang, MD, PhD
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Medical Sciences Center
1300 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706-1509
- MD, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, 1983
- PhD, Speech Pathology and Audiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. Supervisor: Professor IR Titze, 1991
- General Internship, Affiliated Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, 1982-1983
- Otolaryngology Resident Training Program, Department of Otolaryngology, Affiliated EENT Hospital, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai, China. 1983-1985
- Research Fellow, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Supervisor: Brian F. McCabe, MD, 1985-1986
Dr. Jiang’s research focuses on objective pathological laryngeal function assessments, laryngeal physiology, biomechanics of vocal fold vibration, medical instrumentation, medical software development and application. Dr. Jiang is also working on the development of accurate protocols for voice measurement in patients with laryngeal pathology, including professional voice users and children.
Dr. Jiang is Director of International Collaborative Research and Translational Research for the Department of Surgery, and he is Director of the Otolaryngic Biomedical Engineering Research Center and the Laryngeal Physiology Lab. He has published more than 230 original manuscripts in the area of voice measurement and disorders, and serves on the editorial boards for The Laryngoscope, Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology, and Journal of Voice. He has served on Study Sections for the Center for Scientific Review of NIH since 1998, and he is a 2001 recipient of a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers.
- The Effects of Photobiomodulation on Vocal Fold Wound Healing: In Vivo and In Vitro Studies.
- Lou Z, Gong T, Kang J, Xue C, Ulmschneider C, Jiang JJ
- Photobiomodul Photomed Laser Surg 2019 Sep; 37(9): 532-538
- [PubMed ID: 31503536]
- Effects of Varying Lengths and Diameters During Straw Phonation on an Excised Canine Model.
- Tangney J, Scholp A, Kang J, Raj H, Jiang JJ
- J Voice 2019 Jul 25;
- [PubMed ID: 31353125]
- Changing Trends of Color of Different Laryngeal Regions in Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease.
- Du C, Thayer P, Yan Y, Liu Q, Wang L, Jiang J
- Ear Nose Throat J 2019 Jun 02; 145561319854745
- [PubMed ID: 31155940]
- Quantification of Voice Type Components Present in Human Phonation Using a Modified Diffusive Chaos Technique.
- Liu B, Polce E, Raj H, Jiang J
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2019 Oct; 128(10): 921-931
- [PubMed ID: 31084359]
- Measurement Reliability of Laryngeal Resistance and Mean Flow Rate in Pediatric Subjects.
- Scholp AJ, Hedberg CD, Lamb JR, Hoffman MR, Braden MN, McMurray JS, Jiang JJ
- J Voice 2019 Feb 19;
- [PubMed ID: 30792082]