Jacob A. Greenberg, MD, EdM, FACS
- Program Director, General Surgery Residency Program
- Division of Minimally Invasive, Foregut and Bariatric Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2003
- EdM, Harvard Graduate School of Education, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2010
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Fellowship, University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, MA, 2011
Dr. Greenberg is fellowship trained in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery and is board certified in General Surgery. He is a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, the Association for Academic Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons. He specializes in minimally invasive techniques for surgery of the stomach and esophagus as well as bariatric surgery. In addition, he uses minimally invasive techniques to treat inguinal and ventral hernias and disorders of the gallbladder.
Dr. Greenberg provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band, Laparoscopic and Robotic Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Heller Myotomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Nissen Fundoplication, Laparoscopic and Robotic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic Revisional Bariatric Surgery, Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, LINX Reflux Management System for GERD, Open and Laparoscopic Hernia Repair, Peroral Endoscopic Mytomy (POEM), Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) , Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Greenberg’s principal research interest focuses on simulation as well as surgical education and training.
- Healthcare spending and utilization following antireflux surgery: examining costs and reasons for readmission.
- Kleppe KL, Xu Y, Funk LM, Wang X, Havlena JA, Greenberg JA, Lidor AO
- Surg Endosc 2019 Apr 05;
- [PubMed ID: 30953200]
- Ultrasound-Guided Microwave Ablation for the Management of Inguinal Neuralgia: A Preliminary Study with 1-Year Follow-up.
- Lee KS, Sin JM, Patil PP, Hanna AS, Greenberg JA, Zea RD, Brace CL
- J Vasc Interv Radiol 2019 02; 30(2): 242-248
- [PubMed ID: 30717957]
- The effect of increasing body mass index on wound complications in open ventral hernia repair with mesh.
- Tastaldi L, Krpata DM, Prabhu AS, Petro CC, Rosenblatt S, Haskins IN, Olson MA, Stewart TG, Rosen MJ, Greenberg JA
- Am. J. Surg. 2019 Jan 25;
- [PubMed ID: 30722933]
- Monitoring Fatty Liver Disease with MRI Following Bariatric Surgery: A Prospective, Dual-Center Study.
- Pooler BD, Wiens CN, McMillan A, Artz NS, Schlein A, Covarrubias Y, Hooker J, Schwimmer JB, Funk LM, Campos GM, Greenberg JA, Jacobsen G, Horgan S, Wolfson T, Gamst AC, Sirlin CB, Reeder SB
- Radiology 2019 Mar; 290(3): 682-690
- [PubMed ID: 30561273]
- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Surgical Skills Training Decreases Programmatic Costs.
- D'Angelo J, Snyder M, Bleedorn J, Hardie R, Foley E, Greenberg JA
- J. Surg. Res. 2019 Mar; 235: 600-606
- [PubMed ID: 30691848]