Jacob A. Greenberg, MD, EdM, FACS
- Program Director, General Surgery Residency Program
- Division of Minimally Invasive, Foregut and Bariatric Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2003
- EdM, Harvard Graduate School of Education, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2010
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Fellowship, University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, MA, 2011
Dr. Greenberg is fellowship trained in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery and is board certified in General Surgery. He is a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, the Association for Academic Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons. He specializes in minimally invasive techniques for surgery of the stomach and esophagus as well as bariatric surgery. In addition, he uses minimally invasive techniques to treat inguinal and ventral hernias and disorders of the gallbladder.
Dr. Greenberg provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band, Laparoscopic and Robotic Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Heller Myotomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Nissen Fundoplication, Laparoscopic and Robotic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic Revisional Bariatric Surgery, Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, LINX Reflux Management System for GERD, Open and Laparoscopic Hernia Repair, Peroral Endoscopic Mytomy (POEM), Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) , Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Greenberg’s principal research interest focuses on simulation as well as surgical education and training.
- Use of a Fibrin Sealant Patch at Cesarean for Conservative Management of Morbidly Adherent Placenta.
- Greenberg JA, Robinson JN, Carabuena JM, Farber MK, Carusi DA
- AJP Rep 2018 Oct; 8(4): e325-e327
- [PubMed ID: 30443434]
- Examining the Impact of Using the SIMPL Application on Feedback in Surgical Education.
- Gunderson K, Sullivan S, Warner-Hillard C, Thompson R, Greenberg JA, Foley EF, Jung HS
- J Surg Educ 2018 Nov; 75(6): e246-e254
- [PubMed ID: 30213738]
- Discussion: A Current Review of Hybrid Meshes in Abdominal Wall Reconstruction.
- Greenberg JA
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2018 Sep; 142(3S Current Concepts in Abdominal Wall Reconstruction): 97S-98S
- [PubMed ID: 30138276]
- Large-Field-of-View Visualization Utilizing Multiple Miniaturized Cameras for Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Kim JJ, Watras A, Liu H, Zeng Z, Greenberg JA, Heise CP, Hu YH, Jiang H
- Micromachines (Basel) 2018 Aug 25; 9(9)
- [PubMed ID: 30424364]
- Chocolate intake and heart disease and stroke in the Women's Health Initiative: a prospective analysis.
- Greenberg JA, Manson JE, Neuhouser ML, Tinker L, Eaton C, Johnson KC, Shikany JM
- Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2018 Jul 01; 108(1): 41-48
- [PubMed ID: 29931040]