Jacob A. Greenberg, MD, EdM, FACS
- Program Director, General Surgery Residency Program
- Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 2003
- EdM, Harvard Graduate School of Education, 2007
- General Surgery Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2010
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Fellowship, University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, MA, 2011
Dr. Greenberg is fellowship trained in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery and is board certified in General Surgery. He is a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, the Association for Academic Surgery, and the American College of Surgeons. He specializes in minimally invasive techniques for surgery of the stomach and esophagus as well as bariatric surgery. In addition, he uses minimally invasive techniques to treat inguinal and ventral hernias and disorders of the gallbladder.
Dr. Greenberg provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band, Laparoscopic and Robotic Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Heller Myotomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Nissen Fundoplication, Laparoscopic and Robotic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic Revisional Bariatric Surgery, Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, LINX Reflux Management System for GERD, Open and Laparoscopic Hernia Repair, Peroral Endoscopic Mytomy (POEM), Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) , Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Greenberg’s research focuses on surgical education (including simulation training), clinical research in hernia care, and procedural adoption of new techniques and technologies.
- Long-term dysphagia resolution following POEM versus Heller myotomy for achalasia patients.
- Shea GE, Johnson MK, Venkatesh M, Jolles SA, Prout TM, Shada AL, Greenberg JA, Lidor AO, Funk LM
- Surg Endosc 2019 Jul 10;
- [PubMed ID: 31292743]
- Underrepresented Minorities are Underrepresented Among General Surgery Applicants Selected to Interview.
- Jarman BT, Kallies KJ, Joshi ART, Smink DS, Sarosi GA, Chang L, Green JM, Greenberg JA, Melcher ML, Nfonsam V, Ramirez LD, Borgert AJ, Whiting J
- J Surg Educ 2019 Jun 05;
- [PubMed ID: 31175064]
- 30-Day Outcomes After Intraoperative Leak Testing for Bariatric Surgery Patients.
- Liu N, Cusack MC, Venkatesh M, Pontes AL, Shea G, Svoboda DC, Greenberg JA, Lidor AO, Funk LM
- J. Surg. Res. 2019 Oct; 242: 136-144
- [PubMed ID: 31077945]
- Healthcare spending and utilization following antireflux surgery: examining costs and reasons for readmission.
- Kleppe KL, Xu Y, Funk LM, Wang X, Havlena JA, Greenberg JA, Lidor AO
- Surg Endosc 2019 Apr 05;
- [PubMed ID: 30953200]
- Ultrasound-Guided Microwave Ablation for the Management of Inguinal Neuralgia: A Preliminary Study with 1-Year Follow-up.
- Lee KS, Sin JM, Patil PP, Hanna AS, Greenberg JA, Zea RD, Brace CL
- J Vasc Interv Radiol 2019 02; 30(2): 242-248
- [PubMed ID: 30717957]