James Scott McMurray, MD, FACS
- Chief, Section of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1990
- Residency, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 1990-1995
- Neurolaryngology Fellow, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1995-1996
- Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellow, Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, 1996-1998
Dr. McMurray is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. His clinical practice comprises all aspects of general pediatric otolaryngology, with special interests in pediatric airway reconstruction, dysphagia, and voice disorders.
Dr. McMurray provides a wide range of services including Adenoidectomy, Bronchoscopy, Choanal Atresia Repair, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Laryngeal Papilloma Laser Treatment, Laryngeal Surgery, Laryngoscopy, Laryngotracheal Reconstruction, Laser Procedures, Mastoidectomy, Neck Mass Excision, Ossiculoplasty, Septoplasty, Sinus Surgery, Tonsillectomy, Tracheostomy, Transnasal Laryngotracheoscopy (Airway Examination), Tympanoplasty, Tympanostomy (Ear) Tube Placement.
Dr. McMurray has research interests in pediatric airway reconstruction, dysphagia, and voice disorders, as well as the treatment of lymphangioma.
- Measurement Reliability of Laryngeal Resistance and Mean Flow Rate in Pediatric Subjects.
- Scholp AJ, Hedberg CD, Lamb JR, Hoffman MR, Braden MN, McMurray JS, Jiang JJ
- J Voice 2019 Feb 19;
- [PubMed ID: 30792082]
- Measurement reliability of phonation threshold pressure in pediatric subjects.
- Hoffman MR, Scholp AJ, Hedberg CD, Lamb JR, Braden MN, McMurray JS, Jiang JJ
- Laryngoscope 2018 Nov 08;
- [PubMed ID: 30408173]
- Simulation of KTP Laser-Based Zenker Diverticulotomy with a Porcine Model and Laryngeal Dissection Station.
- Hoffman MR, Kletzien H, Dailey SH, McMurray JS
- OTO Open 2017 Dec; 1(4)
- [PubMed ID: 29350715]
- A Preliminary Case Report of a High-Quality Cost-effective Rigid Laryngoscopy Setup.
- Zhang F, McMurray JS, Devine EE, Xue C, McCulloch TM, Jiang JJ
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2017 May; 126(5): 411-414
- [PubMed ID: 28397566]
- Neonatal Repair in a Patient With Heterotaxy, Truncus Arteriosus, Pulmonary Artery Sling, and Tracheal Stenosis.
- Anagnostopoulos PV, Kenny EC, Peterson AL, Hagen SA, McMurray JS
- Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2015 Dec; 100(6): 2359-62
- [PubMed ID: 26652536]