Jon S Matsumura, MD
- Chairman, Division of Vascular Surgery
600 HIGHLAND AVE
Madison , WI 53792-7375
- MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 1988
- Residency in General Surgery, McGaw Medical Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 1988-1995
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, McGaw Medical Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 1995-1996
Dr. Matsumura is certified by the American Board of Surgery, with a certificate of added qualifications in vascular surgery. He is the Chairman of the Division of Vascular Surgery at UW School of Medicine and Public Health. Dr. Matsumura specializes in less-invasive endovascular techniques for the treatment of vascular diseases. His expertise includes treatments for aortic aneurysms, carotid disease, aortic dissection, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular disorders.
Dr. Matsumura provides a wide range of services including Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Endovascular, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Open, Amputation, Angioplasty With Stent Placement, Carotid Endartecotomy, Carotid Stenting, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Peripheral Artery Bypass, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Endovascular, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Open, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Treatment, Varicose Vein Treatment.
Dr. Matsumura’s research is devoted to the development and testing of novel devices and techniques for the treatment of vascular diseases, including stents and stent-grafts for the repair of aortic and thoracic aneurysms. He is the national principal investigator on a number of multi-institutional clinical trials evaluating investigational devices. In addition, he is renowned for extensive training programs that allow other vascular specialists to learn new endovascular techniques for treating patients in their own practices.
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria® Thoracic Aorta Interventional Planning and Follow-Up.
- Expert Panels on Vascular Imaging and Interventional Radiology: , Bonci G, Steigner ML, Hanley M, Braun AR, Desjardins B, Gaba RC, Gage KL, Matsumura JS, Roselli EE, Sella DM, Strax R, Verma N, Weiss CR, Dill KE
- J Am Coll Radiol 2017 Nov; 14(11S): S570-S583
- [PubMed ID: 29101994]
- Carotid Stent Fractures are not Associated with Adverse Events: Results from the ACT 1 Multicenter Randomized Trial.
- Weinberg I, Beckman JA, Matsumura JS, Rosenfield K, Ansel G, Chaturvedi S, Gray WA, Metzger DC, Riles TS, Shu Y, Wechsler LR, Jaff MR
- Circulation 2017 Oct 05;
- [PubMed ID: 28982691]
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair migration and aortic elongation differentiated using dual reference point analysis.
- Alberta HB, Takayama T, Panthofer A, Cambria RP, Farber MA, Jordan WD, Matsumura JS
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2017 Sep 21;
- [PubMed ID: 28943007]
- Prospective, multicenter study of endovascular repair of aortoiliac and iliac aneurysms using the Gore Iliac Branch Endoprosthesis.
- Schneider DB, Matsumura JS, Lee JT, Peterson BG, Chaer RA, Oderich GS
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2017 Sep; 66(3): 775-785
- [PubMed ID: 28559174]
- Asymptomatic carotid stenosis: Medicine alone or combined with carotid revascularization.
- Heck DV, Roubin GS, Rosenfield KG, Gray WA, White CJ, Jovin TG, Matsumura JS, Lal BK, Katzen BT, Dabus G, Jankowitz BT, Brott TG
- Neurology 2017 May 23; 88(21): 2061-2065
- [PubMed ID: 28446652]