Jon S Matsumura, MD
- Chairman, Division of Vascular Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison , WI 53792-7375
- MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 1988
- Residency in General Surgery, McGaw Medical Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 1988-1995
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, McGaw Medical Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 1995-1996
Dr. Matsumura is certified by the American Board of Surgery, with a certificate of added qualifications in vascular surgery. He is the Chairman of the Division of Vascular Surgery at UW School of Medicine and Public Health. Dr. Matsumura specializes in less-invasive endovascular techniques for the treatment of vascular diseases. His expertise includes treatments for aortic aneurysms, carotid disease, aortic dissection, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular disorders.
Dr. Matsumura provides a wide range of services including Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Endovascular, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Open, Amputation, Angioplasty With Stent Placement, Carotid Endartecotomy, Carotid Stenting, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Peripheral Artery Bypass, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Endovascular, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Open, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Treatment, Varicose Vein Treatment.
Dr. Matsumura’s research is devoted to the development and testing of novel devices and techniques for the treatment of vascular diseases, including stents and stent-grafts for the repair of aortic and thoracic aneurysms. He is the national principal investigator on a number of multi-institutional clinical trials evaluating investigational devices. In addition, he is renowned for extensive training programs that allow other vascular specialists to learn new endovascular techniques for treating patients in their own practices.
- Open versus Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Reply.
- Matsumura JS, Padberg FT, Kyriakides TC
- N. Engl. J. Med. 2019 09 12; 381(11): e24
- [PubMed ID: 31509693]
- Open versus Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
- Lederle FA, Kyriakides TC, Stroupe KT, Freischlag JA, Padberg FT, Matsumura JS, Huo Z, Johnson GR, OVER Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study Group
- N. Engl. J. Med. 2019 05 30; 380(22): 2126-2135
- [PubMed ID: 31141634]
- Pharmacologic Management of Aneurysms.
- Lindeman JH, Matsumura JS
- Circ. Res. 2019 Feb 15; 124(4): 631-646
- [PubMed ID: 30763216]
- Derivation and validation of thoracic sarcopenia assessment in patients undergoing thoracic endovascular aortic repair.
- Panthofer AM, Olson SL, Harris DG, Matsumura JS
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2019 May; 69(5): 1379-1386
- [PubMed ID: 30598352]
- Complete Lower Extremity Revascularization via a Hybrid Procedure for Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia.
- Takayama T, Matsumura JS
- Vasc Endovascular Surg 2018 May; 52(4): 255-261
- [PubMed ID: 29486676]