Jon S Matsumura, MD
- Chairman, Division of Vascular Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison , WI 53792-7375
- MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 1988
- Residency in General Surgery, McGaw Medical Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 1988-1995
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, McGaw Medical Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, 1995-1996
Dr. Matsumura is certified by the American Board of Surgery, with a certificate of added qualifications in vascular surgery. He is the Chairman of the Division of Vascular Surgery at UW School of Medicine and Public Health. Dr. Matsumura specializes in less-invasive endovascular techniques for the treatment of vascular diseases. His expertise includes treatments for aortic aneurysms, carotid disease, aortic dissection, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular disorders.
Dr. Matsumura provides a wide range of services including Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Endovascular, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Open, Amputation, Angioplasty With Stent Placement, Carotid Endartecotomy, Carotid Stenting, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Peripheral Artery Bypass, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Endovascular, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Open, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Treatment, Varicose Vein Treatment.
Dr. Matsumura’s research is devoted to the development and testing of novel devices and techniques for the treatment of vascular diseases, including stents and stent-grafts for the repair of aortic and thoracic aneurysms. He is the national principal investigator on a number of multi-institutional clinical trials evaluating investigational devices. In addition, he is renowned for extensive training programs that allow other vascular specialists to learn new endovascular techniques for treating patients in their own practices.
- Complete Lower Extremity Revascularization via a Hybrid Procedure for Patients with Critical Limb Ischemia.
- Takayama T, Matsumura JS
- Vasc Endovascular Surg 2018 May; 52(4): 255-261
- [PubMed ID: 29486676]
- Secure Provider-to-Provider Communication With Electronic Health Record Messaging: An Educational Outreach Study.
- Walsh KE, Secor JL, Matsumura JS, Schwarze ML, Potter BE, Newcomer P, Kim MK, Bartels CM
- J Healthc Qual 2018 Sep/Oct; 40(5): 283-291
- [PubMed ID: 29280777]
- ACR Appropriateness Criteria® Thoracic Aorta Interventional Planning and Follow-Up.
- Expert Panels on Vascular Imaging and Interventional Radiology: , Bonci G, Steigner ML, Hanley M, Braun AR, Desjardins B, Gaba RC, Gage KL, Matsumura JS, Roselli EE, Sella DM, Strax R, Verma N, Weiss CR, Dill KE
- J Am Coll Radiol 2017 Nov; 14(11S): S570-S583
- [PubMed ID: 29101994]
- Carotid Stent Fractures Are Not Associated With Adverse Events: Results From the ACT-1 Multicenter Randomized Trial (Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting Versus Endarterectomy in Asymptomatic Subjects Who Are at Standard Risk for Carotid Endarterectomy With Significant Extracranial Carotid Stenotic Disease).
- Weinberg I, Beckman JA, Matsumura JS, Rosenfield K, Ansel GM, Chaturvedi S, Gray W, Metzger DC, Riles T, Shu Y, Wechsler L, Jaff MR
- Circulation 2018 Jan 02; 137(1): 49-56
- [PubMed ID: 28982691]
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair migration and aortic elongation differentiated using dual reference point analysis.
- Alberta HB, Takayama T, Panthofer A, Cambria RP, Farber MA, Jordan WD, Matsumura JS
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2018 02; 67(2): 382-388
- [PubMed ID: 28943007]