Jonathan E. Kohler, MD, FACS
- Trauma Medical Director – American Family Children’s Hospital
- Division of Pediatric Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-0001
Scheduling or patient-related questions: (608) 263-6420
Administrative assistance: (608) 262-0466
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 2005
- MA in Health Communications, Emerson College in collaboration with Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 2009
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in General Surgery, Brigham & Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2010
- General Surgery Residency, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2013
- Fellowship in Pediatric Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2015
Dr. Kohler is certified by the American Board of Surgery in both General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. His clinical practice emphasizes minimally invasive approaches to all types of pediatric and neonatal surgical disorders. He specializes in general and thoracic pediatric surgery, minimally invasive and neonatal surgery, oncology and trauma care.
For a complete listing of conditions for which our pediatric surgeons provide treatment, please click here.
Dr. Kohler’s research interests center on using health communications-based research to develop interventions that improve physician-to-physician and physician-to-patient interactions.