Jonathan E. Kohler, MD
- Division of Pediatric Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 2005
- MA in Health Communications, Emerson College in collaboration with Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 2009
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in General Surgery, Brigham & Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2010
- General Surgery Residency, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2013
- Fellowship in Pediatric Surgery, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2015
Dr. Kohler is certified by the American Board of Surgery in both General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. His clinical practice emphasizes minimally invasive approaches to all types of pediatric and neonatal surgical disorders. He specializes in general and thoracic pediatric surgery, minimally invasive and neonatal surgery, oncology and trauma care.
For a complete listing of conditions for which our pediatric surgeons provide treatment, please click here.
Dr. Kohler’s research interests center on using health communications-based research to develop interventions that improve physician-to-physician and physician-to-patient interactions.
- Management of asymptomatic pediatric umbilical hernias: a systematic review.
- Zens T, Nichol PF, Cartmill R, Kohler JE
- J. Pediatr. Surg. 2017 Nov; 52(11): 1723-1731
- [PubMed ID: 28778691]
- Challenging surgical dogma in the management of proximal esophageal atresia with distal tracheoesophageal fistula: Outcomes from the Midwest Pediatric Surgery Consortium.
- Lal DR, Gadepalli SK, Downard CD, Ostlie DJ, Minneci PC, Swedler RM, Chelius TH, Cassidy L, Rapp CT, Billmire D, Bruch S, Burns RC, Deans KJ, Fallat ME, Fraser JD, Grabowski J, Hebel F, Helmrath MA, Hirschl RB, Kabre R, Kohler J, Landman MP, Leys CM, Mak GZ, Raque J, Rymeski B, Saito JM, St Peter SD, von Allmen D, Warner BW, Sato TT, Midwest Pediatric Surgery Consortium
- J. Pediatr. Surg. 2017 Jun 01;
- [PubMed ID: 28599967]
- A Single Institution Review of Initial Application of a 5-mm Stapler.
- Rogers AP, Zens TJ, Kohler JE, Le HD, Nichol PF, Leys CM
- J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2016 Aug; 26(8): 660-2
- [PubMed ID: 27398952]
- Management of Abdominal Solid Organ Injury After Blunt Trauma.
- Kohler JE, Chokshi NK
- Pediatr Ann 2016 Jul 01; 45(7): e241-6
- [PubMed ID: 27403671]
- I'm a doctor. Can I help?
- Kohler JE
- Ann Fam Med 2015 Sep; 13(5): 490-1
- [PubMed ID: 26371272]