Luis A Fernandez, MD, FACS
- Section of Liver and Kidney Surgery
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Jose Maria Vargas School of Medinice, Caracas, Venezuela, 1981-1987
- Fellowship, Transplant Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2000-2003
- Chief Resident, General Surgery, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, 1999-2000
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Miami Diabetes Research Institute, Miami, FL, 1995-1997
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL, 1993-2000
Dr. Fernandez is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in pancreas, liver, islet cell, and renal transplantation.
Dr. Fernandez’s research interests include pancreas, liver, islet cell, and renal transplantation.
- Brain Death Enhances Activation of the Innate Immune System and Leads to Reduced Renal Metabolic Gene Expression.
- Zitur LJ, Chlebeck PJ, Odorico SK, Danobeitia JS, Zens TJ, Van Kooten C, Eerhart M, Reyes JA, Springer ML, Coonen JM, Brunner KG, Capuano SV, D'Alessandro AM, Fernandez LA
- Transplantation 2019 Apr 04;
- [PubMed ID: 30964836]
- Improved clinical outcome following liver transplant in patients with ethylmalonic encephalopathy.
- Tam A, AlDhaheri NS, Mysore K, Tessier ME, Goss J, Fernandez LA, D'Alessandro AM, Schwoerer JS, Rice GM, Elsea SH, Scaglia F
- Am. J. Med. Genet. A 2019 Mar 12;
- [PubMed ID: 30864297]
- Transanal total mesorectal excision for rectal cancer with indocyanine green fluorescence angiography.
- Mizrahi I, de Lacy FB, Abu-Gazala M, Fernandez LM, Otero A, Sands DR, Lacy AM, Wexner SD
- Tech Coloproctol 2018 10; 22(10): 785-791
- [PubMed ID: 30430309]
- Comparison of risk factors and outcomes of daptomycin-susceptible and -nonsusceptible vancomycin-resistant enterococcus faecium infections in liver transplant recipients; A reply to Lewis et al.
- Jorgenson MR, Descourouez JL, Leverson GE, Rose WE, Smith JA, Fernandez LA
- Transpl Infect Dis 2018 12; 20(6): e13004
- [PubMed ID: 30256505]
- Efficacy and Safety of Probiotics and Synbiotics in Liver Transplantation.
- Jorgenson MR, Descourouez JL, Siodlak M, Tjugum S, Rice JP, Fernandez LA
- Pharmacotherapy 2018 May 26;
- [PubMed ID: 29804307]