Nathan V Welham, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research (WIMR) BLDG. 1485
1111 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53705-2275
- BSLT (Hons I), University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, 1995-1998
- MSLT (Dist), University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, 1999-2000
- PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2000-2005
Dr. Welham specializes in the assessment and treatment of patients with organic, neurological, and functional voice disorders, resonance disorders, and upper airway disorders such as paradoxical vocal fold motion. He also treats patients with occupational voice problems.
Certificates: American Speech Language Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competency
Licenses: Speech, Language Pathology
Dr. Welham’s research interests include vocal fold mucosal biology; extracellular matrix-focused proteomics; and vitamin A transport, storage and function.
- Serum retinyl esters are positively correlated with analyzed total liver vitamin A reserves collected from US adults at time of death.
- Olsen K, Suri DJ, Davis C, Sheftel J, Nishimoto K, Yamaoka Y, Toya Y, Welham NV, Tanumihardjo SA
- Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2018 Nov 01; 108(5): 997-1005
- [PubMed ID: 30475970]
- Strategies for advancing laryngeal tissue engineering.
- Thibeault SL, Welham NV
- Laryngoscope 2017 10; 127(10): 2319-2320
- [PubMed ID: 28581251]
- High- and ultrahigh-field magnetic resonance imaging of naïve, injured and scarred vocal fold mucosae in rats.
- Kishimoto AO, Kishimoto Y, Young DL, Zhang J, Rowland IJ, Welham NV
- Dis Model Mech 2016 11 01; 9(11): 1397-1403
- [PubMed ID: 27638667]
- Modeling fibrosis using fibroblasts isolated from scarred rat vocal folds.
- Kishimoto Y, Kishimoto AO, Ye S, Kendziorski C, Welham NV
- Lab. Invest. 2016 07; 96(7): 807-16
- [PubMed ID: 27111284]
- Practice variations in voice treatment selection following vocal fold mucosal resection.
- Moore JE, Rathouz PJ, Havlena JA, Zhao Q, Dailey SH, Smith MA, Greenberg CC, Welham NV
- Laryngoscope 2016 11; 126(11): 2505-2512
- [PubMed ID: 26972900]