Nathan V Welham, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research (WIMR) BLDG. 1485
1111 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53705-2275
- BSLT (Hons I), University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, 1995-1998
- MSLT (Dist), University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, 1999-2000
- PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2000-2005
Dr. Welham specializes in the assessment and treatment of patients with organic, neurological, and functional voice disorders, resonance disorders, and upper airway disorders such as paradoxical vocal fold motion. He also treats patients with occupational voice problems.
Certificates: American Speech Language Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competency
Licenses: Speech, Language Pathology
Dr. Welham’s research interests include vocal fold mucosal biology; extracellular matrix-focused proteomics; and vitamin A transport, storage and function.
- Differentiated fibrocytes assume a functional mesenchymal phenotype with regenerative potential.
- Ling C, Nishimoto K, Rolfs Z, Smith LM, Frey BL, Welham NV
- Sci Adv 2019 May; 5(5): eaav7384
- [PubMed ID: 31086819]
- Reversal of Vocal Fold Mucosal Fibrosis Using siRNA against the Collagen-Specific Chaperone Serpinh1.
- Kishimoto Y, Yamashita M, Wei A, Toya Y, Ye S, Kendziorski C, Welham NV
- Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 2019 Apr 22; 16: 616-625
- [PubMed ID: 31100613]
- Serum retinyl esters are positively correlated with analyzed total liver vitamin A reserves collected from US adults at time of death.
- Olsen K, Suri DJ, Davis C, Sheftel J, Nishimoto K, Yamaoka Y, Toya Y, Welham NV, Tanumihardjo SA
- Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2018 Nov 01; 108(5): 997-1005
- [PubMed ID: 30475970]
- Strategies for advancing laryngeal tissue engineering.
- Thibeault SL, Welham NV
- Laryngoscope 2017 10; 127(10): 2319-2320
- [PubMed ID: 28581251]
- High- and ultrahigh-field magnetic resonance imaging of naïve, injured and scarred vocal fold mucosae in rats.
- Kishimoto AO, Kishimoto Y, Young DL, Zhang J, Rowland IJ, Welham NV
- Dis Model Mech 2016 11 01; 9(11): 1397-1403
- [PubMed ID: 27638667]