Robert R Redfield III, MD, FACS
- Endowed Chair, Berkman Family Transplantation Professorship
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Magna Cum Laude, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 2006
- Internship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2007
- Transplant Immunobiology Research Fellowship, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2011
- Surgery Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2013
- Transplantation Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2013-2015
Dr. Redfield is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a ASTS and UNOS certified transplant surgeon. He specializes in pancreatic, islet cell, and multi-organ transplants as well as vascular access.
Dr. Redfield provides a wide range of services including Kidney Transplant, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy, Pancreas Transplant, Robotic Donor Nephrectomy, “Scarless” Single-Port Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy.
Dr. Redfield’s research interests are centered on developing novel strategies to improve long-term allograft survival.
- Epidemiology, Risk Factors, and Outcomes After Early Posttransplant Clostridiodes difficile Infection in Renal Transplant Recipients.
- Jorgenson MR, Descourouez JL, Yang DY, Leverson GE, Saddler CM, Smith JA, Safdar N, Mandlebrot DA, Redfield RR
- Ann Pharmacother 2019 Apr 21; 1060028019845003
- [PubMed ID: 31007034]
- Isolated pancreas transplantation: is rank list position related to outcomes of imported grafts?
- Adler JT, Redfield RR, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Apr 09;
- [PubMed ID: 30963706]
- Enteric conversion after bladder-drained pancreas transplantation is not associated with worse allograft survival.
- Adler JT, Zaborek N, Redfield RR, Kaufman DB, Odorico JS, Sollinger HW
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Mar 05;
- [PubMed ID: 30838785]
- APRIL/BLyS blockade reduces donor specific antibodies in allosensitized mice.
- Wilson NA, Bath NM, Verhoven BM, Ding X, Boldt BA, Sukhwal A, Zhong W, Panzer SE, Redfield RR
- Transplantation 2019 Mar 01;
- [PubMed ID: 30830041]
- Desensitization and treatment with APRIL/BLyS blockade in rodent kidney transplant model.
- Bath NM, Ding X, Wilson NA, Verhoven BM, Boldt BA, Sukhwal A, Reese SR, Panzer SE, Djamali A, Redfield RR
- PLoS ONE 2019; 14(2): e0211865
- [PubMed ID: 30735519]