Robert R Redfield III, MD, FACS
- Endowed Chair, Berkman Family Transplantation Professorship
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Magna Cum Laude, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 2006
- Internship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2007
- Transplant Immunobiology Research Fellowship, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2011
- Surgery Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2013
- Transplantation Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2013-2015
Dr. Redfield is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a ASTS and UNOS certified transplant surgeon. He specializes in pancreatic, islet cell, and multi-organ transplants as well as vascular access.
Dr. Redfield provides a wide range of services including Kidney Transplant, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy, Pancreas Transplant, Robotic Donor Nephrectomy, “Scarless” Single-Port Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy.
Dr. Redfield’s research interests are centered on developing novel strategies to improve long-term allograft survival.
- Desensitization and treatment with APRIL/BLyS blockade in rodent kidney transplant model.
- Bath NM, Ding X, Wilson NA, Verhoven BM, Boldt BA, Sukhwal A, Reese SR, Panzer SE, Djamali A, Redfield RR
- PLoS ONE 2019; 14(2): e0211865
- [PubMed ID: 30735519]
- Clinical Significance of Microvascular Inflammation in the Absence of Anti-HLA DSA in Kidney Transplantation.
- Parajuli S, Redfield RR, Garg N, Aziz F, Mohamed M, Astor BC, Zhong W, Djamali A, Mandelbrot DA
- Transplantation 2018 Oct 17;
- [PubMed ID: 30335696]
- The "UW-LPHS Test": A New Test to Predict the Outcome of Renal Autotransplant for Loin Pain Hematuria Syndrome.
- Sollinger HW, Al-Qaoud T, Bath N, Redfield RR
- Exp Clin Transplant 2018 12; 16(6): 651-655
- [PubMed ID: 30251941]
- Autologous Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Prevent Transfusion-elicited Sensitization and Upregulate Transitional and Regulatory B Cells.
- Zhang Z, Wilson NA, Chinnadurai R, Panzer SE, Redfield RR, Reese SR, Galipeau J, Djamali A
- Transplant Direct 2018 Sep; 4(9): e387
- [PubMed ID: 30234156]
- Outcomes of Pancreas Transplant Recipients With De Novo Donor-specific Antibodies.
- Parajuli S, Alagusundaramoorthy S, Aziz F, Garg N, Redfield RR, Sollinger H, Kaufman D, Djamali A, Odorico J, Mandelbrot D
- Transplantation 2019 Feb; 103(2): 435-440
- [PubMed ID: 29994978]