Robert R Redfield III, MD, FACS
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Magna Cum Laude, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 2006
- Internship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2007
- Transplant Immunobiology Research Fellowship, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2011
- Surgery Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2013
- Transplantation Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2013-2015
Dr. Redfield is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a ASTS and UNOS certified transplant surgeon. He specializes in pancreatic, islet cell, and multi-organ transplants as well as vascular access.
Dr. Redfield provides a wide range of services including Kidney Transplant, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy, Pancreas Transplant, Robotic Donor Nephrectomy, “Scarless” Single-Port Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy.
Dr. Redfield’s research interests are centered on developing novel strategies to improve long-term allograft survival.
- Outcomes after simultaneous kidney-pancreas versus pancreas after kidney transplantation in the current era.
- Parajuli S, Arunachalam A, Swanson KJ, Aziz F, Garg N, Redfield RR, Kaufman D, Djamali A, Odorico J, Mandelbrot DA
- Clin Transplant 2019 Oct 19; e13732
- [PubMed ID: 31628870]
- More than 25 years of pancreas graft survival after simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation: experience from the world's largest series of long-term survivors.
- Parajuli S, Bath NM, Aziz F, Garg N, Muth B, Djamali A, Redfield RR, Kaufman D, Odorico J, Mandelbrot D, Sollinger H
- Transplantation 2019 Sep 13;
- [PubMed ID: 31568218]
- Pancreas Retransplant After Pancreas Graft Failure in Simultaneous Pancreas-kidney Transplants Is Associated With Better Kidney Graft Survival.
- Parajuli S, Arunachalam A, Swanson KJ, Aziz F, Garg N, Bath N, Redfield RR, Kaufman D, Djamali A, Odorico J, Mandelbrot DA
- Transplant Direct 2019 Aug; 5(8): e473
- [PubMed ID: 31576369]
- Renal autotransplantation results in pain resolution after left renal vein transposition.
- Bath NM, Al-Qaoud T, Williams DH, Sollinger HW, Redfield RR
- J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord 2019 Sep; 7(5): 739-741
- [PubMed ID: 31324550]
- Evaluation of infectious risk and outcomes in the hmong renal transplant population.
- Jorgenson MR, Cardinale B, Descourouez JL, Yang DY, Leverson GE, Parajuli S, Smith JA, Redfield RR
- Transpl Infect Dis 2019 Oct; 21(5): e13142
- [PubMed ID: 31283867]