Scott R. Chaiet, MD, MBA, FACS
- Section of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 2007
- Internship and Residency, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, UW Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2012
- Fellowship in Facial and Plastic Reconstruction, Williams Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, Latham, New York, 2013
- MBA, Wisconsin School of Business, Madison, WI, 2015
Dr. Scott Chaiet is double board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. His cosmetic areas of expertise include: rhinoplasty (primary and revision), facelift, brow lift, eyelid surgery, and facial feminization surgery. He also practices reconstructive surgery of the face and neck, including: facial paralysis reanimation, facial trauma, and wound reconstruction after Mohs surgery. Dr. Chaiet leads the UW Facial Nerve Clinic and lectures nationally on patient reported outcomes after facial paralysis. He is an advocate for LGBTQ health with a focus on transgender care, and is active in the American Medical Association. Dr. Chaiet is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery and a full-time faculty member of the UW School of Medicine and Public Health, where he conducts outcomes research and is involved in training the next generation of facial plastic surgeons.
Dr. Chaiet provides a wide range of services including Blepharoplasty, Botox, Brow Lift, Cheek Implants, Chin Augmentation, Congenital Defects, Earlobe Repair, Ear Surgery (Otoplasty), Face Lift, Facial Feminization Surgery, Facial Liposuction, Facial Nerve Repair, Fat Transfer, Filler Injections, Forehead Recontouring, Hairline Contouring/Lowering, Laser Resurfacing, Lip Augmentation, Lip Reshaping, Lower Eyelid Tuck, Maxilofacial Trauma Repair, Mid-face Lift, Mini-face Lift, Neck Lift, Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty), Reconstructive Rhinoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Scar Revision, Septoplasty, Sinus Surgery, Skin Cancer Reconstruction, Tracheal Shave, Upper Eyelid Tuck.
Dr. Chaiet’s research interests include functional rhinoplasty, patient reported outcomes in gender surgery, patient reported outcomes after facial nerve paralysis, and protective devices in facial trauma.
Dr. Chaiet has contributed to numerous publications, listed below, as well as “Facial Feminization Surgery: Review of Facial Analysis and Surgical Procedures,” a chapter in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex Healthcare: A Clinical Guide to Preventative, Primary, and Specialist Care (Eckstrand & Ehrenfeld, Springer, 2016).
- Primary Palate Trauma in Patients Presenting to US Emergency Departments, 2006-2010.
- Smith A, Ray M, Chaiet S
- JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2018 Feb 01;
- [PubMed ID: 29392282]
- Gender Confirmation Surgery and Terminology in Transgender Health.
- Chaiet SR, Morrison SD, Streed CG
- JAMA Surg 2017 Nov 01; 152(11): 1089-1090
- [PubMed ID: 28724131]
- Importance of Reporting Duration of Facial Paralysis in Studies of Emotion and Well-being.
- Chaiet SR, Carpenter SM
- JAMA Facial Plast Surg 2017 Sep 01; 19(5): 437-438
- [PubMed ID: 28617900]
- Beyond Phonosurgery: Considerations for Patient-Reported Outcomes and Speech Therapy in Transgender Vocal Feminization.
- Morrison SD, Crowe CS, Rashidi V, Massie JP, Chaiet SR, Francis DO
- Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2017 Aug; 157(2): 349
- [PubMed ID: 28762303]
- Big data in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery: from large databases to registries.
- Smith AM, Chaiet SR
- Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2017 Aug; 25(4): 273-279
- [PubMed ID: 28525400]