Susan Thibeault, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Diane M. Bless Endowed Chair in Otolaryngology
- Vice Chair of Research, Department of Surgery
- Medical Director of UW Health Speech Language Pathology and Audiology
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research (WIMR) BLDG. 1485
1111 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705-2275
- BS, University of Western Ontario, Biology, London, Ontario, Canada, 1989
- MS, Communication Disorders, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, 1992
- PhD, Communication Disorders, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 2001
Dr. Thibeault is the Medical Director of the UW Health Speech Language Pathology and Audiology program, which specializes in evaluation and treatment of patients with voice, resonance, swallowing and airway disorders.
Dr. Thibeault’s translational research investigates molecular and genetic factors that are the basis of normal vocal fold tissue and its vibration. Dr. Thibeault studies vocal fold injury and wound healing as a disordered model. Specifically, Dr. Thibeault’s lab has two main areas of study — tissue engineering of the vocal fold lamina propria and laryngeal immunology. The lab has developed unique primary and immortalized human cell lines, in addition to vibrational bioreactors to aid in the research pursuit.
- Effect of sex hormones on extracellular matrix of lamina propria in rat vocal fold.
- Kim JM, Shin SC, Park GC, Lee JC, Jeon YK, Ahn SJ, Thibeault S, Lee BJ
- Laryngoscope 2019 Jun 10;
- [PubMed ID: 31180590]
- Laryngotracheal Microbiota in Adult Laryngotracheal Stenosis.
- Hillel AT, Tang SS, Carlos C, Skarlupka JH, Gowda M, Yin LX, Motz K, Currie CR, Suen G, Thibeault SL
- mSphere 2019 05 01; 4(3)
- [PubMed ID: 31043518]
- Tissue specific human fibroblast differential expression based on RNAsequencing analysis.
- Foote AG, Wang Z, Kendziorski C, Thibeault SL
- BMC Genomics 2019 Apr 23; 20(1): 308
- [PubMed ID: 31014251]
- Is There a Relationship Between Vocal Effort and VHI?
- Ruel B, Thibeault S
- J Voice 2019 Apr 08;
- [PubMed ID: 30975580]
- Postextubation Dysphagia in Pediatric Populations: Incidence, Risk Factors, and Outcomes.
- Hoffmeister J, Zaborek N, Thibeault SL
- J. Pediatr. 2019 Aug; 211: 126-133.e1
- [PubMed ID: 30954246]