Susan Thibeault, PhD, CCC-SLP
- Diane M. Bless Endowed Chair in Otolaryngology
- Associate Vice Chair of Research, Department of Surgery
- Director, UW Health Voice and Swallow Clinics
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research (WIMR) BLDG. 1485
1111 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705-2275
- BS, University of Western Ontario, Biology, London, Ontario, Canada, 1989
- MS Communication Disorders, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, 1992
- PhD Communication Disorders, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 2001
Dr. Thibeault is the Director of the Voice and Swallow Section of the Otolaryngology Clinics, which specializes in evaluation and treatment of patients with voice, resonance, swallowing and airway disorders.
Dr. Thibeault’s translational research investigates molecular and genetic factors that are the basis of normal vocal fold tissue and its vibration. Dr. Thibeault studies vocal fold injury and wound healing as a disordered model. Specifically, Dr. Thibeault’s lab has two main areas of study — tissue engineering of the vocal fold lamina propria and laryngeal immunology. The lab has developed unique primary and immortalized human cell lines, in addition to vibrational bioreactors to aid in the research pursuit.
- Insights Into Oropharyngeal Dysphagia From Administrative Data and Clinical Registries: A Literature Review.
- Bartlett RS, Thibeault SL
- Am J Speech Lang Pathol 2018 May 03; 27(2): 868-883
- [PubMed ID: 29710238]
- Biocompatibility of injectable resilin-based hydrogels.
- Li L, Stiadle JM, Levendoski EE, Lau HK, Thibeault SL, Kiick KL
- J Biomed Mater Res A 2018 Aug; 106(8): 2229-2242
- [PubMed ID: 29611890]
- β-Catenin signaling is essential for mammalian larynx recanalization and the establishment of vocal fold progenitor cells.
- Lungova V, Verheyden JM, Sun X, Thibeault SL
- Development 2018 02 16; 145(4)
- [PubMed ID: 29386246]
- Temporal Analysis of Factors Associated with EAT-10 in Outpatients with Oropharyngeal Dysphagia from a Tertiary Care Clinic.
- Bartlett RS, Moore JE, Thibeault SL
- Dysphagia 2018 Jan 20;
- [PubMed ID: 29353401]
- Predictors of dysphagia in critically injured patients with neck trauma.
- Borders JC, Gibson AL, Grayev A, Thibeault S
- J Crit Care 2018 Apr; 44: 312-317
- [PubMed ID: 29268199]