Monday, March 7th, 2016
11:45 Badger Bus shuttle leaves the Edgewater Hotel to the Wisconsin Institute for Medical Research (WIMR)
1001 Wisconsin Place
Madison, WI 53703
12:00 Attendees arrive at WIMR main entrance. Escort will be provided to Room 7001A WIMR.
Wisconsin Institute for Medical Research
1111 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
12:15 Current Project Updates and Discussion
- Esophageal Atresia and Tracheoesophageal Fistula
- Primary Aspiration for Spontaneous Pneumothorax
- Non-operative Management of Uncomplicated Appendicitis
- Development of a predictive index for fecal continence in children with anorectal malformations
- Prospective Congenital lung lesion registry
- Evaluation of a PPV in patients undergoing Pyloromyotomy
- Operative vs. Non-operative approach to gastroschisis reduction
4:30 Consortium IRB Conference Call- Peter Minneci
- Master Data User Agreement
- Approval of Comer Children’s without AAHRPP accreditation
5:15 Badger Bus shuttle leaves WIMR to Edgewater Hotel
6:30 Shuttle to Harvest Restaurant (within walking distance if desired)
21 N. Pinckney St.
Madison, WI 53703
Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
7:45 Badger Bus shuttle leaves the Edgewater Hotel for the Wisconsin Institute for Medical Research (WIMR)
8:00 Attendees arrive at WIMR. Escort will be provided to Room 5001A WIMR
8:00 Process for deciding on additional projects
Grace Mak, Rashmi Kabre, Dave Lal, Chuck Leys, Peter Minneci
- How often should we request/review new projects?
- What is the optimal process for soliciting and filtering projects? How can we make the process more efficient? Can you suggest a standard process?
- How many projects should be reviewed? Does type matter?
- How can we leverage the consortium for pilot or small group projects? What “rules” should be followed for these projects, i.e., should everyone be invited to participate, are these MWPSC projects, etc.?
9:00 Group discussion: Where are we and where are we going?
Thomas Sato, Cynthia Downard, Samir Gadepalli, Jacqueline Saito, Daniel von Allmen
- Should we grow?
- If so, how fast and how big?
- What are the requirements for entry into the MWPSC?
- What types of projects should we emphasize to have the greatest impact?
- Should we integrate with other study groups to optimize our effectiveness?
10:15 How do we sustain the MWPSC?
Katherine Deans, Mary Fallat, Michael Helmrath, Matthew Landman, Shawn St. Peter
- What infrastructure do we need to adopt?
- What level of funding do we need?
- What funding options should we pursue?
- How should we structure our projects and our portfolio to enhance potential funding?
- Are there partnerships that we should pursue to enhance funding?
11:30 Administrative and Organizational Discussion
- Next interim phone meeting
- Next meeting date and site
Lunch will be served prior to departure.
12:00 Adjourn – Badger Bus shuttle to Dane County Airport