Layton Rikkers Surgical Society
Welcome to the University of Wisconsin Layton Rikkers Surgical Society. We value our alumni’s commitment both to the institution and to each other and strive to provide the information and resources necessary to promote these unique relationships. We look to you for inspiration and guidance as our alumni network expands in size and geography. Thank you for joining the UW surgical family and for staying connected.
About the Society
The University of Wisconsin Layton Rikkers Surgical Society offers social, cultural and educational opportunities for all current and former faculty and the residents and fellows who trained with the department since its inception in 1924. The mission of the Layton Rikkers Society is to:
- Provide opportunities to maintain and strengthen friendships initially established during residency and fellowship training
- Promote professional interchange amongst alumni, friends of the department, and current University students, trainees and faculty
- Keep members informed of our successes, challenges, and opportunities, as well as the groundbreaking research and innovation occurring in our environment
- Develop financial and other support for Departmental priorities
Throughout the year, we offer a variety of opportunities to stay engaged and informed:
- Annual reception during the American College of Surgeons Clinical Congress
- Department of Surgery Alumni Newsletter
- Nominate an outstanding alum with a Forward Award
- Follow us on social:
Please let us know how we can best serve you as alumni of the University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery. Professional success stories, personal triumphs, and fond memories are also very welcome. Your comments may be included in our new Department of Surgery Alumni Newsletter!
Do you have an accomplishment, life update, or other news we can share with your colleagues? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to share.
Support the Next Generation of Surgeons
You are welcome and encouraged to make a gift to the Department of Surgery’s Layton Rikkers Surgical Society. While there are no dues, your gift to the Department of Surgery at the University of Wisconsin is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Please send comments and suggestions to:
Senior Director of Development