Cristina B. Geltzeiler, MD
- Division of Colorectal Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, Medical University of South Carolina, 2010
- General Surgery Residency, Oregon Health and Science University, 2016
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship, Washington University, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, 2017
Dr. Geltzeiler is a fellowship-trained colon and rectal surgeon. She has expertise in the treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. She treats benign and malignant conditions including colon cancer, rectal cancer, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis and anorectal conditions. Her practice includes minimally invasive surgical techniques including laparoscopy and transanal minimally invasive surgery.
- Combined rectopexy and sacrocolpopexy is safe for correction of pelvic organ prolapse.
- Geltzeiler CB, Birnbaum EH, Silviera ML, Mutch MG, Vetter J, Wise PE, Hunt SR, Glasgow SC
- Int J Colorectal Dis 2018 Oct; 33(10): 1453-1459
- [PubMed ID: 30076441]
- Does Sex Influence Publication Productivity Among Colorectal Surgeons Participating in Fellowship Training Programs?
- Geltzeiler CB, Kelley KA, Srikanth P, Deveney KE, Diamond S, Thomas CR, Enestvedt BK, Tsikitis VL
- Dis. Colon Rectum 2017 May; 60(5): 537-543
- [PubMed ID: 28383454]
- Colorectal Cancer Liver Metastasis: Evolving Paradigms and Future Directions.
- Zarour LR, Anand S, Billingsley KG, Bisson WH, Cercek A, Clarke MF, Coussens LM, Gast CE, Geltzeiler CB, Hansen L, Kelley KA, Lopez CD, Rana SR, Ruhl R, Tsikitis VL, Vaccaro GM, Wong MH, Mayo SC
- Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 2017 Mar; 3(2): 163-173
- [PubMed ID: 28275683]
- Variation in the Use of Chemoradiotherapy for Stage II and III Anal Cancer: Analysis of the National Cancer Data Base.
- Geltzeiler CB, Tsikitis VL, Kim JS, Thomas CR, Herzig DO, Lu KC
- Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2016 11; 23(12): 3934-3940
- [PubMed ID: 27444107]
- Trends in the Surgical Management of Crohn's Disease.
- Geltzeiler CB, Hart KD, Lu KC, Deveney KE, Herzig DO, Tsikitis VL
- J. Gastrointest. Surg. 2015 Oct; 19(10): 1862-8
- [PubMed ID: 26286366]