The Department of Surgery is committed to working with healthcare providers throughout the region to provide the highest quality of care to the people of Wisconsin and beyond. To assist in this effort, we developed GlovesOn. The program’s goal is to educate the region’s surgeons on techniques available at UW Health to expand and enhance their surgical practice.
A GlovesOn participant will become part of the surgical team in a UW Health operating room for an all-day, interactive training session in advanced surgical procedures. Each participant will be paired with a UW Health surgeon with extensive expertise and training in his or her area of interest.
GlovesOn participants can get involved in one of two ways:
- Observe a mutual patient in the OR
- Scrub-in and assist on a particular procedure
GlovesOn program participants can choose to receive training in any procedure offered through the Department of Surgery. Recent GlovesOn experiences include:
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Autologous fat grafting
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR)
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass, laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication, and transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIFF)
Learn more or sign up
Contact Veronica Watson, program manager, at (608) 263-7697 or firstname.lastname@example.org