Adam S. Brinkman, MD, FACS, FAAP
- Pediatric Trauma Medical Director – American Family Children’s Hospital
- Pediatric Surgical Critical Care Medical Director – American Family Children’s Hospital
- Associate Program Director – General Surgery Residency Program
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-0001
Scheduling or patient-related questions: (608) 263-6420
Administrative assistance: (608) 262-0466
- MD, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, 2008
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI 2008-2015
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN 2017
Dr. Brinkman is certified by the American Board of Surgery in both General and Pediatric Surgery. He specializes in all types of pediatric surgical cases and has special interest in pediatric intestinal failure, short bowel syndrome, nutritional support, minimally invasive thoracic surgery and complex neonatal surgery. He is a member of the general pediatric surgical team and the Director of the Nutritional Support Team at the American Family Children’s Hospital.
Intercostal nerve cryoablation is associated with lower hospital cost during minimally invasive Nuss procedure for pectus excavatum.
Aiken TJ, Stahl CC, Lemaster D, Casias TW, Walker BJ, Nichol PF, Leys CM, Abbott DE, Brinkman AS
J Pediatr Surg 2021 Oct; 56(10): 1841-1845
[PubMed ID: 33199059]
Fractured pediatric central venous catheters - Repair or replace?
Zens T, Nichol P, Leys C, Haines K, Brinkman A
J Pediatr Surg 2019 Jan; 54(1): 165-169
[PubMed ID: 30466713]
Improving the value of care for appendectomy through an individual surgeon-specific approach.
Robinson JR, Carter NH, Gibson C, Brinkman AS, Van Arendonk K, Speck KE, Danko ME, Jackson GP, Lovvorn HN, Blakely ML
J Pediatr Surg 2018 Jun; 53(6): 1181-1186
[PubMed ID: 29605268]
Optimizing surgical resection of the bleeding Meckel diverticulum in children.
Robinson JR, Correa H, Brinkman AS, Lovvorn HN
J Pediatr Surg 2017 Oct; 52(10): 1610-1615
[PubMed ID: 28359587]
Hirschsprung's associated enterocolitis.
Gosain A, Brinkman AS
Curr Opin Pediatr 2015 Jun; 27(3): 364-9
[PubMed ID: 25944307]