Dr. Adam S. Brinkman
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-0001
Scheduling or patient-related questions: (608) 263-6420
Administrative assistance: (608) 262-0466
- MD, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, 2008
- General Surgery Residency, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, Madison, WI 2008-2015
- Pediatric Surgery Fellowship, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN 2017
Dr. Brinkman is a board certified general surgeon and board eligible pediatric surgeon. He specializes in all types of pediatric surgical cases and has special interest in pediatric intestinal failure, short bowel syndrome, nutritional support, minimally invasive thoracic surgery and complex neonatal surgery. He is a member of the general pediatric surgical team and the Director of the Nutritional Support Team at the American Family Children’s Hospital.
- Fractured pediatric central venous catheters - Repair or replace?
- Zens T, Nichol P, Leys C, Haines K, Brinkman A
- J. Pediatr. Surg. 2018 Oct 05;
- [PubMed ID: 30466713]
- Improving the value of care for appendectomy through an individual surgeon-specific approach.
- Robinson JR, Carter NH, Gibson C, Brinkman AS, Van Arendonk K, Speck KE, Danko ME, Jackson GP, Lovvorn HN, Blakely ML
- J. Pediatr. Surg. 2018 Jun; 53(6): 1181-1186
- [PubMed ID: 29605268]
- Optimizing surgical resection of the bleeding Meckel diverticulum in children.
- Robinson JR, Correa H, Brinkman AS, Lovvorn HN
- J. Pediatr. Surg. 2017 Oct; 52(10): 1610-1615
- [PubMed ID: 28359587]
- Hirschsprung's associated enterocolitis.
- Gosain A, Brinkman AS
- Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 2015 Jun; 27(3): 364-9
- [PubMed ID: 25944307]
- Computed tomography-related radiation exposure in children transferred to a Level I pediatric trauma center.
- Brinkman AS, Gill KG, Leys CM, Gosain A
- J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015 Jun; 78(6): 1134-7
- [PubMed ID: 26151513]