Ahmed M Afifi, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Box 3236, Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Cairo University Medical School, Cairo, Egypt, 1995
- Residency in Surgery, Cairo University Hospitals, 1997-2000
- M. Sc in Surgery, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, 2000
- Fellowship in Craniofacial & Pediatric Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2007
- Fellowship in Hand Surgery & Microsurgery, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 2008
- Fellowship in Aesthetic and Breast Reconstruction Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, 2009
- Research Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, 2010
Dr. Afifi’s clinical practice covers general plastic and reconstructive surgery, with a special emphasis on partial and total breast reconstruction, surgery for migraine headaches, and microvascular surgery. He also has special interests in aesthetic surgery, including cosmetic breast surgery, facial rejuvenation, and body contouring.
Dr. Afifi provides a wide range of services including Botox, Breast Augmentation, Breast Implant Removal, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Brow Lift, Carpal Tunnel Release, Digital Replantation, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Filler Injections, Hand Arthroplasty, Liposuction, Lower Eyelid Tuck, Microvascular Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty), Surgery for Migraine Headaches, Tendon Repairs, Tummy Tuck, Upper Eyelid Tuck.
Dr. Afifi’s research interests include outcomes and indications for partial and total breast reconstruction including oncoplastic techniques, functional rhinoplasty, and reconstruction of skull defects.
Invited Discussion on: The Vacuum-Assisted Breast Biopsy System is an Effective Strategy for the Treatment of Gynecomastia.
Elmaraghi S, Afifi AM
Aesthetic Plast Surg 2020 Sep 14;
[PubMed ID: 32926188]
Reconstruction of Full Thickness Calvarial Defect With Dermal Regeneration Template and Full Thickness Skin Graft After Encephaloduroarteriosynangiosis.
Soteropulos CE, Christie BM, Afifi AM
J Craniofac Surg 2020 Jul-Aug; 31(5): e514-e516
[PubMed ID: 32569058]
Reply: Tips for Stapler Use in Prepectoral Breast Reconstruction.
Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2020 Jun; 8(6): e2881
[PubMed ID: 32766046]
Efficient and Ergonomic Prepectoral Breast Reconstruction Using an Endoscopic Fixation Device.
Woldanski LM, Afifi AM
Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2019 Nov; 7(11): e2537
[PubMed ID: 31942315]
"Like a Normal Person Again": A Qualitative Analysis of the Impact of Headache Surgery.
Afifi AM, Schwarze ML, Stilp EK, Orne J, Smith JP, Abd-Elsayed AA, Anderson BM, Salem A, Macdonald CL, Israel JS
Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2019 10; 144(4): 956-964
[PubMed ID: 31568311]