Ahmed M Afifi, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Box 3236, Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Cairo University Medical School, Cairo, Egypt, 1995
- Residency in Surgery, Cairo University Hospitals, 1997-2000
- M. Sc in Surgery, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, 2000
- Fellowship in Craniofacial & Pediatric Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2007
- Fellowship in Hand Surgery & Microsurgery, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 2008
- Fellowship in Aesthetic and Breast Reconstruction Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, 2009
- Research Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, 2010
Dr. Afifi’s clinical practice covers general plastic and reconstructive surgery, with a special emphasis on partial and total breast reconstruction, surgery for migraine headaches, and microvascular surgery. He also has special interests in aesthetic surgery, including cosmetic breast surgery, facial rejuvenation, and body contouring.
Dr. Afifi provides a wide range of services including Botox, Breast Augmentation, Breast Implant Removal, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Brow Lift, Carpal Tunnel Release, Digital Replantation, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Filler Injections, Hand Arthroplasty, Liposuction, Lower Eyelid Tuck, Microvascular Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty), Surgery for Migraine Headaches, Tendon Repairs, Tummy Tuck, Upper Eyelid Tuck.
Dr. Afifi’s research interests include outcomes and indications for partial and total breast reconstruction including oncoplastic techniques, functional rhinoplasty, and reconstruction of skull defects.
- Characteristics, survival and incidence rates and trends of primary cardiac malignancies in the United States.
- Saad AM, Abushouk AI, Al-Husseini MJ, Salahia S, Alrefai A, Afifi AM, Abdel-Daim MM
- Cardiovasc. Pathol. 2017 Dec 28; 33: 27-31
- [PubMed ID: 29414429]
- Discussion: Augmentation mastopexy with a dermal encapsulated round or anatomic autoprosthesis.
- Shaum K, Afifi A
- Aesthetic Plast Surg 2018 Feb; 42(1): 98-99
- [PubMed ID: 29218480]
- Retrobulbar hematoma: A systematic review of factors related to outcomes.
- Christie B, Block L, Ma Y, Wick A, Afifi A
- J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 2018 Feb; 71(2): 155-161
- [PubMed ID: 29239798]
- Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Consensus, Controversy, and Craniofacial Considerations.
- Garg RK, Afifi AM, Garland CB, Sanchez R, Mount DL
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2017 Nov; 140(5): 987-997
- [PubMed ID: 29068938]
- Breast Implant Illness: Symptoms, Patient Concerns, and the Power of Social Media.
- Tang SY, Israel JS, Afifi AM
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2017 Jul 17;
- [PubMed ID: 28753149]