Amber L. Shada, MD, FACS
- Division of Minimally Invasive, Foregut and Bariatric Surgery
- UW Health General Surgery at The American Center
4602 Eastpark Blvd
Madison, WI 53718
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2007
- Research Fellowship, Human Immune Therapy Center, University of Virginia School of Medicine, 2011
- General Surgery Residency, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, 2014
- Fellowship in Advanced Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery, The Oregon Clinic/Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR, 2015
Dr. Shada is fellowship trained in Advanced Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery, and is board certified in General Surgery. She specializes in minimally invasive techniques for esophageal and gastric disorders, abdominal wall hernias, and gall bladder disorders. She also has special expertise in advanced endoscopic surgery.
Dr. Shada provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Endoscopic Mucosal Resection for Barrett’s Esophagus, Laparoscopic and Robotic Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Heller Myotomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Nissen Fundoplication, Laparoscopic and Robotic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, LINX Reflux Management System for GERD, Open and Laparoscopic Hernia Repair, Peroral Endoscopic Mytomy (POEM), Redo Anti-Reflux Surgery, Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) , Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Shada’s research interests focus on endoscopic device development, clinical trials in esophageal, foregut and general surgery, and clinical outcomes in esophageal and foregut surgery.
- Wisconsin's Enterra Therapy Experience: A multi-institutional review of gastric electrical stimulation for medically refractory gastroparesis.
- Shada A, Nielsen A, Marowski S, Helm M, Funk LM, Kastenmeier A, Lidor A, Gould JC
- Surgery 2018 Oct; 164(4): 760-765
- [PubMed ID: 30072246]
- Concurrent bariatric surgery and paraesophageal hernia repair: comparison of sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
- Shada AL, Stem M, Funk LM, Greenberg JA, Lidor AO
- Surg Obes Relat Dis 2018 01; 14(1): 8-13
- [PubMed ID: 28869165]
- Long-Term Quality of Life Outcomes Following Nissen Versus Toupet Fundoplication in Patients with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.
- Gunter RL, Shada AL, Funk LM, Wang X, Greenberg JA, Lidor AO
- J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2017 Sep; 27(9): 931-936
- [PubMed ID: 28737451]
- Psychosocial Factors Are Associated with Quality of Life After Laparoscopic Antireflux Surgery.
- Statz AK, Stroud AM, Jolles SA, Greenberg JA, Lidor AO, Shada AL, Wang X, Funk LM
- J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2017 Aug; 27(8): 755-760
- [PubMed ID: 28557566]
- Endoluminal Vacuum Therapy for Ivor Lewis Anastomotic Leaks: A Pilot Study in a Swine Model.
- Scott RB, Ritter LA, Shada AL, Feldman SH, Kleiner DE
- Clin Transl Sci 2017 01; 10(1): 35-41
- [PubMed ID: 27863029]