Amber L. Shada, MD, FACS
- UW Health General Surgery at The American Center
- Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Administrative Assistant: (608) 263-1036
4602 Eastpark Blvd
Madison, WI 53718
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2007
- Research Fellowship, Human Immune Therapy Center, University of Virginia School of Medicine, 2011
- General Surgery Residency, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, 2014
- Fellowship in Advanced Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery, The Oregon Clinic/Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR, 2015
Dr. Shada is fellowship trained in Advanced Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery, and is board certified in General Surgery. She specializes in minimally invasive techniques for esophageal and gastric disorders, abdominal wall hernias, and gall bladder disorders. She also has special expertise in advanced endoscopic surgery.
Dr. Shada provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Endoscopic Mucosal Resection for Barrett’s Esophagus, Laparoscopic and Robotic Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Heller Myotomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Nissen Fundoplication, Laparoscopic and Robotic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, LINX Reflux Management System for GERD, Open and Laparoscopic Hernia Repair, Peroral Endoscopic Mytomy (POEM), Redo Anti-Reflux Surgery, Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) , Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Shada’s research interests focus on endoscopic device development, clinical trials in esophageal, foregut and general surgery, and clinical outcomes in esophageal and foregut surgery.
Better than the real thing? Success of a virtual platform for an established "Train the Trainer" course.
Shada AL, Sanchez J, Choi Y, Schwarz E, Paige JT, Dort J, Moudgill L, Bernier G
Surg Endosc 2022 Nov 18; 1-9
[PubMed ID: 36401104]
Recurrent dysphagia after myotomy for achalasia: pneumatic dilation or POEM? : Which modality offers superior outcomes?
Zimmermann C, Torell N, Lidor A, Funk L, Shada A
Surg Endosc 2022 Sep 19;
[PubMed ID: 36121502]
A Novel Fascial Flap Technique After Inguinal Complete Lymph Node Dissection for Melanoma.
Lattimore CM, Meneveau MO, Marsh KM, Shada AL, Slingluff CL, Dengel LT
J Surg Res 2022 Oct; 278: 356-363
[PubMed ID: 35671681]
Educational time out: A fine line when it comes to Cognitive Load Theory.
Wong K, Shada A
Am J Surg 2022 Sep; 224(3): 849-850
[PubMed ID: 35667897]
Antireflux surgery leads to durable improvement in laryngopharyngeal reflux symptoms.
Hessler LK, Xu Y, Shada AL, Johnson MK, Funk LM, Greenberg JA, Lidor AO
Surg Endosc 2022 Jan; 36(1): 778-786
[PubMed ID: 33528667]