Ann P O'Rourke, MD, MPH, FACS
- Trauma Medical Director
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
- Program Director, General Surgery Residency Program
600 Highland Ave
Madison , WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2002
- MPH, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2006
- Residency in Surgery, University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Madison, WI, 2009
- Fellowship, Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, University of Tennessee-Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2010
Dr. O’Rourke is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care. Dr. O’Rourke practices in the trauma and burn programs and in the acute care surgery program.
Dr. O'Rourke provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal.
EQIP's First Year: A Step Closer to Higher Quality in Surgical Education.
Joshi ART, Nfonsam V, Relles DM, Murphy S, Ciolkosz J, Fise T, Klingensmith ME, Hickey M, Brunsvold ME, Korndorffer JR, Jarman BT, Smink DS, Terhune K, Kmiec K, Harrington DT, EQIP consortium
J Surg Educ 2022 Jul 13;
[PubMed ID: 35842405]
Disaster Research/Evaluation Frameworks, Part 1: An Overview - RETRACTION.
Birnbaum ML, Daily EK, O'Rourke AP, Loretti A
Prehosp Disaster Med 2022 06; 37(3): E2
[PubMed ID: 35437131]
Which hospital-acquired conditions matter the most in trauma? An evidence-based approach for prioritizing trauma program improvement.
Lee PT, Krecko LK, Savage S, O'Rourke AP, Jung HS, Ingraham A, Zarzaur BL, Scarborough JE
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2022 Oct 01; 93(4): 446-452
[PubMed ID: 35393378]
Screening in Trauma for Opioid Misuse Prevention (STOMP): Results from a prospective cohort of victims of traumatic injury.
Brown RT, Deyo B, Nicholas C, Baltes A, Hetzel S, Tilhou A, Quanbeck A, Glass J, O'Rourke A, Agarwal S
Drug Alcohol Depend 2022 03 01; 232: 109286
[PubMed ID: 35101814]
Our thoughts: Improving general surgery resident preparedness for dedicated research time.
Schwartz PB, Krecko LK, Park KY, O'Rourke AP, Greenberg J, Jung S
Am J Surg 2022 06; 223(6): 1217-1219
[PubMed ID: 34876255]