Ann P O'Rourke, MD, MPH, FACS
- Trauma Medical Director
- Division of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery, Burn and Surgical Critical Care
- Divisions of General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison , WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2002
- MPH, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2006
- Residency in Surgery, University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Madison, WI, 2009
- Fellowship, Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, University of Tennessee-Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2010
Dr. O’Rourke practices in the trauma and burn programs and in the acute care surgery program.
Dr. O'Rourke provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal.
- Pre-simulation orientation for medical trainees: An approach to decrease anxiety and improve confidence and performance.
- Bommer C, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Ahola Z, Agarwal S, O'Rourke A, Jung HS, Gibson A, Leverson G, Liepert AE
- Am. J. Surg. 2018 Feb; 215(2): 266-271
- [PubMed ID: 29174166]
- Patient-Centered Outcome Spectrum: An Evidence-based Framework to Aid in Shared Decision-making.
- Ingraham AM, Agarwal SK, Jung HS, Liepert AE, O'Rourke AP, Scarborough JE
- Ann. Surg. 2017 Sep 15;
- [PubMed ID: 28922208]
- Number of rib fractures thresholds independently predict worse outcomes in older patients with blunt trauma.
- Shulzhenko NO, Zens TJ, Beems MV, Jung HS, O'Rourke AP, Liepert AE, Scarborough JE, Agarwal SK
- Surgery 2017 04; 161(4): 1083-1089
- [PubMed ID: 27932031]
- Magnetic resonance and applanation tonometry for noninvasive determination of left ventricular load and ventricular vascular coupling in the time and frequency domain.
- Adji A, Kachenoura N, Bollache E, Avolio AP, O'Rourke MF, Mousseaux E
- J. Hypertens. 2016 Jun; 34(6): 1099-108
- [PubMed ID: 27054528]
- Nonoperative Management Is as Effective as Immediate Splenectomy for Adult Patients with High-Grade Blunt Splenic Injury.
- Scarborough JE, Ingraham AM, Liepert AE, Jung HS, O'Rourke AP, Agarwal SK
- J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2016 Aug; 223(2): 249-58
- [PubMed ID: 27112125]