Ann P O'Rourke, MD, MPH, FACS
- Trauma Medical Director
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
- Program Director, General Surgery Residency Program
600 Highland Ave
Madison , WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2002
- MPH, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2006
- Residency in Surgery, University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Madison, WI, 2009
- Fellowship, Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, University of Tennessee-Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2010
Dr. O’Rourke is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care. Dr. O’Rourke practices in the trauma and burn programs and in the acute care surgery program.
Dr. O'Rourke provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal.
Experiential Learning of Interdisciplinary Care Skills in Surgery Assessed From Student Reflections.
Buzzard L, Stepp D, Elfenbein D, O'Rourke AP
J Surg Res 2023 Mar; 283: 783-792
[PubMed ID: 36470204]
Simulation-Based Medical Education: Development of an Assessment Tool for Novice Use.
Ulrich SM, L'Huillier JC, Jung SA, Krecko LK, Rosser AA, Schulze AK, Liepert AE, O'Rourke AP
WMJ 2022 Dec; 121(4): 316-322
[PubMed ID: 36637846]
EQIP's First Year: A Step Closer to Higher Quality in Surgical Education.
Joshi ART, Nfonsam V, Relles DM, Murphy S, Ciolkosz J, Fise T, Klingensmith ME, Hickey M, Brunsvold ME, Korndorffer JR, Jarman BT, Smink DS, Terhune K, Kmiec K, Harrington DT, EQIP consortium
J Surg Educ 2022; 79(6): e173-e180
[PubMed ID: 35842405]
Association between spine injury and opioid misuse in a prospective cohort of Level I trauma patients.
Tilhou AS, Glass JE, Hetzel SJ, Shana OE, Borza T, Baltes A, Deyo BMF, Agarwal S, O'Rourke A, Brown RT
OTA Int 2022 Sep; 5(3)
[PubMed ID: 36275837]
Disaster Research/Evaluation Frameworks, Part 1: An Overview - RETRACTION.
Birnbaum ML, Daily EK, O'Rourke AP, Loretti A
Prehosp Disaster Med 2022 Jun; 37(3): E2
[PubMed ID: 35437131]