Ann P O'Rourke, MD, MPH, FACS
- Trauma Medical Director
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison , WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2002
- MPH, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2006
- Residency in Surgery, University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Madison, WI, 2009
- Fellowship, Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, University of Tennessee-Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2010
Dr. O’Rourke is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care. Dr. O’Rourke practices in the trauma and burn programs and in the acute care surgery program.
Dr. O'Rourke provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal.
- Changes in Exhaled 13CO2/12CO2 Breath Delta Value as an Early Indicator of Infection in ICU Patients.
- O'Rourke AP, Buckman SA, Evans DC, Kerwin AJ, Breunig EA, Bütz DE
- J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2018 Oct 23;
- [PubMed ID: 30358769]
- Pre-simulation orientation for medical trainees: An approach to decrease anxiety and improve confidence and performance.
- Bommer C, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Ahola Z, Agarwal S, O'Rourke A, Jung HS, Gibson A, Leverson G, Liepert AE
- Am. J. Surg. 2018 Feb; 215(2): 266-271
- [PubMed ID: 29174166]
- Patient-Centered Outcome Spectrum: An Evidence-based Framework to Aid in Shared Decision-making.
- Ingraham AM, Agarwal SK, Jung HS, Liepert AE, O'Rourke AP, Scarborough JE
- Ann. Surg. 2018 Dec; 268(6): 980-984
- [PubMed ID: 28922208]
- Number of rib fractures thresholds independently predict worse outcomes in older patients with blunt trauma.
- Shulzhenko NO, Zens TJ, Beems MV, Jung HS, O'Rourke AP, Liepert AE, Scarborough JE, Agarwal SK
- Surgery 2017 04; 161(4): 1083-1089
- [PubMed ID: 27932031]
- Nonoperative Management Is as Effective as Immediate Splenectomy for Adult Patients with High-Grade Blunt Splenic Injury.
- Scarborough JE, Ingraham AM, Liepert AE, Jung HS, O'Rourke AP, Agarwal SK
- J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2016 08; 223(2): 249-58
- [PubMed ID: 27112125]