Ann P O'Rourke, MD, MPH, FACS
- Trauma Medical Director
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison , WI 53792-3284
- MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2002
- MPH, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, 2006
- Residency in Surgery, University of Wisconsin Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Madison, WI, 2009
- Fellowship, Trauma Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, University of Tennessee-Memphis, Memphis, TN, 2010
Dr. O’Rourke is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care. Dr. O’Rourke practices in the trauma and burn programs and in the acute care surgery program.
Dr. O'Rourke provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal.
- Proficiency development for graduating medical students, using skills-level-appropriate mastery learning versus traditional learning for chest tube placement: Assessing anxiety, confidence, and performance.
- Liepert AE, Velic AJ, Rademacher B, Blumenfeld AA, Bingman E, O'Rourke AP, Sullivan S
- Surgery 2019 Jun; 165(6): 1075-1081
- [PubMed ID: 30851948]
- Changes in exhaled 13CO2/12CO2 breath delta value as an early indicator of infection in intensive care unit patients.
- OʼRourke AP, Buckman SA, Evans DC, Kerwin AJ, Breunig EA, Bütz DE
- J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2019 Jan; 86(1): 71-78
- [PubMed ID: 30575683]
- Changes in Exhaled 13CO2/12CO2 Breath Delta Value as an Early Indicator of Infection in ICU Patients.
- O'Rourke AP, Buckman SA, Evans DC, Kerwin AJ, Breunig EA, Bütz DE
- J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2018 Oct 23;
- [PubMed ID: 30358769]
- Evaluation of a Multidisciplinary Pain, Agitation, and Delirium Guideline in Mechanically Ventilated Critically Ill Adults.
- Heim M, Draheim R, Krupp A, Breihan P, O'Rourke A, Wells J, Fish J
- Hosp Pharm 2019 Apr; 54(2): 119-124
- [PubMed ID: 30923405]
- Pre-simulation orientation for medical trainees: An approach to decrease anxiety and improve confidence and performance.
- Bommer C, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Ahola Z, Agarwal S, O'Rourke A, Jung HS, Gibson A, Leverson G, Liepert AE
- Am. J. Surg. 2018 Feb; 215(2): 266-271
- [PubMed ID: 29174166]