Brett F. Michelotti, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-3236
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2009
- Residency, Pennsylvania State University, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 2015
- Fellowship, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 2016
Dr. Michelotti specializes in a wide range of reconstructive surgical procedures including microvascular surgery, hand and upper extremity trauma, congenital and acquired disorders, maxillofacial trauma, and breast reconstruction.
Dr. Michelotti provides a wide range of services including Arthritic Reconstructions, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Cubital Tunnel Release, Digital Replantation, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Facial Trauma Reconstruction, Joint Replacement, Microvascular Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Office-Based Hand Surgery Procedures, Tendon Repairs, Tendon Transfer, Wrist Reconstruction.
Dr. Michelotti’s research interests include outcomes following hand and plastic surgery procedures, healthcare resource utilization, and methods to limit over-prescribing of opioid pain medications.
- Direct Cost Comparison of Open Carpal Tunnel Release in Different Venues.
- Carr LW, Morrow B, Michelotti B, Hauck RM
- Hand (N Y) 2018 Jan 01; 1558944718755476
- [PubMed ID: 29388487]
- Diagnostic Wrist Arthroscopy.
- Michelotti BF, Chung KC
- Hand Clin 2017 Nov; 33(4): 571-583
- [PubMed ID: 28991570]
- Appropriateness of the Use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Wrist Soft Tissue Injury.
- Michelotti BF, Mathews A, Chung KC
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2018 Feb; 141(2): 410-419
- [PubMed ID: 29036028]
- A Multidisciplinary Evaluation of Prescribing Practices for Prophylactic Antibiotics in Operative and Nonoperative Facial Fractures.
- Brooke SM, Goyal N, Michelotti BF, Guedez HM, Fedok FG, Mackay DR, Samson TD
- J Craniofac Surg 2015 Nov; 26(8): 2299-303
- [PubMed ID: 26517453]
- Chronic Scapholunate Ligament Injury: Techniques in Repair and Reconstruction.
- Michelotti BF, Adkinson JM, Chung KC
- Hand Clin 2015 Aug; 31(3): 437-49
- [PubMed ID: 26205705]