Brett F. Michelotti, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-3236
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2009
- Residency, Pennsylvania State University, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 2015
- Fellowship, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 2016
Dr. Michelotti specializes in a wide range of reconstructive surgical procedures including microvascular surgery, hand and upper extremity trauma, congenital and acquired disorders, maxillofacial trauma, and breast reconstruction.
Dr. Michelotti provides a wide range of services including Arthritic Reconstructions, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery, Cubital Tunnel Release, Digital Replantation, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Facial Trauma Reconstruction, Joint Replacement, Microvascular Reconstruction, Nerve Repair, Office-Based Hand Surgery Procedures, Tendon Repairs, Tendon Transfer, Wrist Reconstruction.
Dr. Michelotti’s research interests include outcomes following hand and plastic surgery procedures, healthcare resource utilization, and methods to limit over-prescribing of opioid pain medications.
- Venous Flaps for Revascularization and Soft-Tissue Coverage in Traumatic Hand Injuries: A Systematic Review of the Literature.
- Roberts JM, Carr LW, Haley CT, Hauck RM, Michelotti BF
- J Reconstr Microsurg 2019 Aug 27;
- [PubMed ID: 31454834]
- Fractures of the Carpal Bones.
- Christie BM, Michelotti BF
- Clin Plast Surg 2019 Jul; 46(3): 469-477
- [PubMed ID: 31103090]
- Opioid Prescribing and Consumption Patterns following Outpatient Plastic Surgery Procedures.
- Rose KR, Christie BM, Block LM, Rao VK, Michelotti BF
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2019 03; 143(3): 929-938
- [PubMed ID: 30817667]
- A Prospective, Randomized Trial Comparing Open and Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Within the Same Patient.
- Michelotti BM, Vakharia KT, Romanowsky D, Hauck RM
- Hand (N Y) 2018 Nov 21; 1558944718812129
- [PubMed ID: 30461319]
- Erratum: Opioid Prescribing and Consumption Trends in Outpatient Plastic Surgery: Erratum.
- Rose KR, Block LM, Christie BM, Rao VK, Michelotti BF
- Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018 Sep; 6(9): e1902
- [PubMed ID: 30350828]