Catharine B. Garland, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-3236
- MD, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, California, 2008
- Internship, General Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2009
- Residency, General Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2011
- Residency, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2015
- Fellowship, Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2016
Dr. Garland specializes in the treatment of infants and children including cleft lip and palate repair, craniosynostosis (skull shape abnormalities), speech disorders (hypernasal speech), ear abnormalities and vascular anomalies (birth marks). She has additional training in craniofacial surgery, maxillofacial trauma and orthognathic (jaw) surgery. She also performs a wide range of adult reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Garland provides a wide range of services including Botox, Breast Augmentation, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Brow Lift, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Ear Surgery (Otoplasty), Face Lift, Lower Eyelid Tuck, Maxillofacial Trauma Repair, Microvascular Reconstruction, Mohs Defect Reconstruction, Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty), Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Tummy Tuck, Upper Eyelid Tuck.
Dr. Garland’s research is focused on surgical outcomes in cleft and craniofacial patients. She is also interested in improving surgical education for students and residents.
- Increasing Access to High Value Care: Preventing Complications in Common Disorders.
- Brin Hermans L, Shields BE, Garland CB, Aagaard-Kienitz B, Wargowski D, Kovarik C, Arkin LM
- Telemed J E Health 2018 Aug 10;
- [PubMed ID: 30096025]
- A Multimodal Preemptive Analgesic Protocol for Alveolar Bone Graft Surgery: Decreased Pain, Hospital Stay, and Health Care Costs.
- Bykowski MR, Sivak W, Garland C, Cladis FP, Goldstein JA, Losee JE
- Cleft Palate Craniofac. J. 2018 Aug 02; 1055665618791943
- [PubMed ID: 30071750]
- Postoperative Management of Lower Extremity Free Tissue Transfer: A Systematic Review.
- Soteropulos CE, Chen JT, Poore SO, Garland CB
- J Reconstr Microsurg 2018 Jul 29;
- [PubMed ID: 30085347]
- Comparison of Outpatient and Inpatient Pediatric Rhinoplasty: Results From National Surgical Quality Improvement Program-Pediatric, 2012-2014.
- Garg RK, Garland CB, Mount DL, Babchenko O, Leverson GJ, Afifi AM
- J Craniofac Surg 2018 Jul; 29(5): 1227-1232
- [PubMed ID: 29608479]
- Ruptured Pseudoaneurysm of the Maxillary Artery and Its Branches Following Le Fort I Osteotomy: Evidence-Based Guidelines.
- Bykowski MR, Hill A, Garland C, Tobler W, Losee JE, Goldstein JA
- J Craniofac Surg 2018 Jun; 29(4): 998-1001
- [PubMed ID: 29498976]