Catharine B. Garland, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-3236
- MD, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, California, 2008
- Internship, General Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2009
- Residency, General Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2011
- Residency, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2015
- Fellowship, Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2016
Dr. Garland specializes in the treatment of infants and children including cleft lip and palate repair, craniosynostosis (skull shape abnormalities), speech disorders (hypernasal speech), ear abnormalities and vascular anomalies (birth marks). She has additional training in craniofacial surgery, maxillofacial trauma and orthognathic (jaw) surgery. She also performs a wide range of adult reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Garland provides a wide range of services including Botox, Breast Augmentation, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Brow Lift, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Ear Surgery (Otoplasty), Face Lift, Lower Eyelid Tuck, Maxillofacial Trauma Repair, Microvascular Reconstruction, Mohs Defect Reconstruction, Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty), Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Tummy Tuck, Upper Eyelid Tuck.
Dr. Garland’s research is focused on surgical outcomes in cleft and craniofacial patients. She is also interested in improving surgical education for students and residents.
- Psychological Theory as It Applies to Surgical Training.
- Babchenko O, Garland CB, Bentz ML, Poore SO
- Ann. Surg. 2019 Jan 03;
- [PubMed ID: 30614874]
- The Surgical Treatment of Adult Acquired Buried Penis Syndrome: A New Classification System.
- Hesse MA, Israel JS, Shulzhenko NO, Sanchez RJ, Garland CB, Siebert JW, Bentz ML, Williams DH, Poore SO
- Aesthet Surg J 2018 Dec 13;
- [PubMed ID: 30544206]
- Increasing Access to High Value Care: Preventing Complications in Common Disorders.
- Brin Hermans L, Shields BE, Garland CB, Aagaard-Kienitz B, Wargowski D, Kovarik C, Arkin LM
- Telemed J E Health 2018 Aug 10;
- [PubMed ID: 30096025]
- A Multimodal Preemptive Analgesic Protocol for Alveolar Bone Graft Surgery: Decreased Pain, Hospital Stay, and Health Care Costs.
- Bykowski MR, Sivak W, Garland C, Cladis FP, Goldstein JA, Losee JE
- Cleft Palate Craniofac. J. 2018 Aug 02; 1055665618791943
- [PubMed ID: 30071750]
- Postoperative Management of Lower Extremity Free Tissue Transfer: A Systematic Review.
- Soteropulos CE, Chen JT, Poore SO, Garland CB
- J Reconstr Microsurg 2019 Jan; 35(1): 1-7
- [PubMed ID: 30085347]