Catharine B. Garland, MD
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-3236
- MD, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, California, 2008
- Internship, General Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2009
- Residency, General Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2011
- Residency, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California, 2015
- Fellowship, Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2016
Dr. Garland specializes in the treatment of infants and children including cleft lip and palate repair, craniosynostosis (skull shape abnormalities), speech disorders (hypernasal speech), ear abnormalities and vascular anomalies (birth marks). She has additional training in craniofacial surgery, maxillofacial trauma and orthognathic (jaw) surgery. She also performs a wide range of adult reconstructive and cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Garland provides a wide range of services including Botox, Breast Augmentation, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Brow Lift, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Ear Surgery (Otoplasty), Face Lift, Lower Eyelid Tuck, Maxillofacial Trauma Repair, Microvascular Reconstruction, Mohs Defect Reconstruction, Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty), Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Tummy Tuck, Upper Eyelid Tuck.
Dr. Garland’s research is focused on surgical outcomes in cleft and craniofacial patients. She is also interested in improving surgical education for students and residents.
- Pediatric Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Consensus, Controversy, and Craniofacial Considerations.
- Garg RK, Afifi AM, Garland CB, Sanchez R, Mount DL
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2017 Nov; 140(5): 987-997
- [PubMed ID: 29068938]
- Variability in Minimally Invasive Surgery for Sagittal Craniosynostosis.
- Garland CB, Camison L, Dong SM, Mai RS, Losee JE, Goldstein JA
- J Craniofac Surg 2018 Jan; 29(1): 14-20
- [PubMed ID: 29023296]
- A Treatment Algorithm for Patients Presenting with Sagittal Craniosynostosis after the Age of 1 Year.
- Ruane EJ, Garland CB, Camison L, Fenton RA, Nischal KK, Pollack IF, Tamber MS, Grunwaldt LJ, Losee JE, Goldstein JA
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2017 Sep; 140(3): 582-590
- [PubMed ID: 28841620]
- Regenerative strategies for craniofacial disorders.
- Garland CB, Pomerantz JH
- Front Physiol 2012; 3: 453
- [PubMed ID: 23248598]