- MD, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- MPH, University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX
- Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Fellowship, Research, Houston Center for Quality of Care & Utilization, Houston, TX
- Fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Endocrine Surgery
- Implementation Science Certificate Program, University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Balentine is a board-certified endocrine surgeon specializing in hernia repairs, dialysis outcomes, and endocrine surgery for veterans.
Dr. Balentine’s research is focused on inguinal hernia surgery in older adults and acute care for the elderly and veterans.
Assessing a Structured Mental Fitness Program for Academic Acute Care Surgeons: A Pilot Study.
Bhat SG, Nagaraj M, Balentine C, Hogan T, Meier J, Prince H, Abdelfattah K, Zeh H, Levi B
J Surg Res 2023 Nov 11; 295: 9-18
[PubMed ID: 37956507]
Can We Improve the Quality of Quality Improvement?
JAMA Surg 2023 Nov 01; 158(11): 1184
[PubMed ID: 37610763]
Reassessing surgical guidelines for papillary thyroid cancer impact on survival: Expanding indications for lobectomy.
Stevens A, Meier J, Bhat A, Knight SJ, Vanness DJ, Balentine C
Surgery 2023 Sep; 174(3): 542-548
[PubMed ID: 37393154]
Determining the Power Required for Comparing Lobectomy vs Total Thyroidectomy for Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma.
JAMA Surg 2023 Sep 01; 158(9): 983-984
[PubMed ID: 37195700]
Outcomes of Nonoperative vs Operative Management of Acute Appendicitis in Older Adults in the US.
Meier J, Stevens A, Bhat A, Berger M, Balentine C
JAMA Surg 2023 Jun 01; 158(6): 625-632
[PubMed ID: 37017955]