- MD, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2006
- MPH, University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX, 2011
- Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2014
- Fellowship, Research, Houston Center for Quality of Care & Utilization, Houston, TX, 2014
- Fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Endocrine Surgery, 2016
- Implementation Science Certificate Program, University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2019
Dr. Balentine is a board-certified endocrine surgeon specializing in hernia repairs, dialysis outcomes, and endocrine surgery for veterans.
Dr. Balentine’s research is focused on inguinal hernia surgery in older adults and acute care for the elderly and veterans.
Age is associated with increased morbidity after laparoscopic appendectomy.
Stevens A, Meier J, Bhat A, Bhat S, Balentine C
Surgery 2022 May 11;
[PubMed ID: 35568586]
Resident Involvement in Inguinal Hernia Repair Is Safe but Associated With Increased Operative Time.
Stevens A, Meier J, Balentine C
J Surg Res 2022 08; 276: 305-313
[PubMed ID: 35421741]
Machine Learning Improves Prediction Over Logistic Regression on Resected Colon Cancer Patients.
Leonard G, South C, Balentine C, Porembka M, Mansour J, Wang S, Yopp A, Polanco P, Zeh H, Augustine M
J Surg Res 2022 07; 275: 181-193
[PubMed ID: 35287027]
ASO Visual Abstract: Nativity Status is an Important Social Determinant of Health for Hispanic Patients with Gastric Cancer in Texas.
Ju MR, Karalis JD, Bhat A, Zhu H, Hogan T, Balentine C, Yopp AC, Polanco PM, Wang SC, Zeh HJ, Porembka MR
Ann Surg Oncol 2022 Mar 10;
[PubMed ID: 35274210]
Provider Perception of Time During Trauma Resuscitation: A Prospective Quantitative Trauma Video Review Analysis.
Kuhlenschmidt KM, Choi E, Moonmoon K, Blackwell J, Comish PB, Balentine C, Grant J, Park C, Dultz LA, Shoultz T, Cripps MW, Dumas RP
J Surg Res 2022 06; 274: 207-212
[PubMed ID: 35190328]