David M Melnick, MD, MPH, FACS
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
1 S Park St
Madison, WI 53715-1375
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 1996
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1997-2002
- Fellowship in Critical Care, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1999-2000
Dr. Melnick is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He treats the broad range of elective and emergency general surgical conditions including gastrointestinal surgery (diseases involving the gallbladder, small and large bowel, and appendix, both laparoscopic and traditional approaches), oncologic surgery (breast and colon), hernias (both laparoscopic and non-laparoscopic approaches) and hemodialysis access. He performs single-visit office based procedures including stereotactic breast biopsy for the diagnosis of lesions seen on mammograms.
- Dose Selection and Validation for Ceftazidime-Avibactam in Adults with Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections, Complicated Urinary Tract Infections and Nosocomial Pneumonia.
- Das S, Li J, Riccobene T, Carrothers TJ, Newell P, Melnick D, Critchley IA, Stone GG, Nichols WW
- Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 2019 Jan 22;
- [PubMed ID: 30670413]
- Ceftaroline fosamil doses and breakpoints for Staphylococcus aureus in complicated skin and soft tissue infections.
- Das S, Li J, Iaconis J, Zhou D, Stone GG, Yan JL, Melnick D
- J. Antimicrob. Chemother. 2019 Feb 01; 74(2): 425-431
- [PubMed ID: 30380060]
- Percutaneous versus surgical insertion of PD catheters in dialysis patients: a meta-analysis.
- Boujelbane L, Fu N, Chapla K, Melnick D, Redfield RR, Waheed S, Yevzlin AS, Shin JI, Astor BC, Chan MR
- J Vasc Access 2015 Nov-Dec; 16(6): 498-505
- [PubMed ID: 26165817]
- How is arteriovenous fistula longevity best prolonged?: The role of endovascular stents.
- Yevzlin AS, Melnick DM
- Semin Dial 2015 Jan-Feb; 28(1): 29-32
- [PubMed ID: 25230719]
- Management of general surgical problems in the pregnant patient.
- Melnick DM, Wahl WL, Dalton VK
- Am. J. Surg. 2004 Feb; 187(2): 170-80
- [PubMed ID: 14769301]