David M Melnick, MD, MPH, FACS
Clinical Associate Professor
- Divisions of General Surgery, 1 S. Park
1 S Park St
Madison, WI 53715-1375
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 1996
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1997-2002
- Fellowship in Critical Care, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1999-2000
Dr. Melnick is certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He treats the broad range of elective and emergency general surgical conditions including gastrointestinal surgery (diseases involving the gallbladder, small and large bowel, and appendix, both laparoscopic and traditional approaches), oncologic surgery (breast and colon), hernias (both laparoscopic and non-laparoscopic approaches) and hemodialysis access. He performs single-visit office based procedures including stereotactic breast biopsy for the diagnosis of lesions seen on mammograms.
- Percutaneous versus surgical insertion of PD catheters in dialysis patients: a meta-analysis.
- Boujelbane L, Fu N, Chapla K, Melnick D, Redfield RR, Waheed S, Yevzlin AS, Shin JI, Astor BC, Chan MR
- J Vasc Access 2015 Nov-Dec; 16(6): 498-505
- [PubMed ID: 26165817]
- How is arteriovenous fistula longevity best prolonged?: The role of endovascular stents.
- Yevzlin AS, Melnick DM
- Semin Dial 2015 Jan-Feb; 28(1): 29-32
- [PubMed ID: 25230719]
- Management of general surgical problems in the pregnant patient.
- Melnick DM, Wahl WL, Dalton VK
- Am. J. Surg. 2004 Feb; 187(2): 170-80
- [PubMed ID: 14769301]
- Prevalence of domestic violence and associated factors among women on a trauma service.
- Melnick DM, Maio RF, Blow FC, Hill EM, Wang SC, Pomerantz R, Kane ML, Graham-Bermann S, Weber J, Farber MS
- J Trauma 2002 Jul; 53(1): 33-7
- [PubMed ID: 12131386]
- Does acute alcohol ingestion and/or chronic alcohol use among motor vehicle crash victims lead to a more complicated hospital course?
- Melnick DM, Maio RF, Blow FC, Hill EM
- Annu Proc Assoc Adv Automot Med 2000; 44: 429-43
- [PubMed ID: 11558099]