David Upton, MD, FACS
Clinical Assistant Professor
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
1 S. Park Street
Madison, WI 53715-1375
- MD, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2006
- Residency, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, UW Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2011
Dr. Upton is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. His clinical practice comprises all aspects of pediatric and adult general otolaryngology including sinonasal disorders, ear surgery, sleep medicine and surgery, pediatrics, laryngology, and head and neck surgery.
Dr. Upton provides a wide range of services including Adenoidectomy, Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA), Intraoral Biopsy, Nasal Cautery, Needle Biopsy of Neck Mass, Oral Appliances, Parotidectomy, Placement of Myringotomy and Tympanostomy Tube, Removal of Nasal and Ear Foreign Bodies, Simple Cutaneous and Facial Biopsy, Sinus Surgery, Sleep Apnea Surgery, Tonsillectomy, Tracheostomy.
Dr. Upton’s research interests include chronic rhinosinusitis, office-based procedures of the head and neck, and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
- Prospective evaluation of office-based injection laryngoplasty with hyaluronic acid gel.
- Upton DC, Johnson M, Zelazny SK, Dailey SH
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2013 Sep; 122(9): 541-6
- [PubMed ID: 24224395]
- Chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps: a proteomic analysis.
- Upton DC, Welham NV, Kuo JS, Walker JW, Pasic TR
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2011 Dec; 120(12): 780-6
- [PubMed ID: 22279949]
- Parotidectomy: ten-year review of 237 cases at a single institution.
- Upton DC, McNamar JP, Connor NP, Harari PM, Hartig GK
- Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2007 May; 136(5): 788-92
- [PubMed ID: 17478217]
- Radiology quiz case 1. Stafne bone cyst.
- Upton DC, Sewall GK, Hartig GK
- Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 2006 Nov; 132(11): 1264, 1266
- [PubMed ID: 17116826]