David Upton, MD, FACS
- Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
1 S. Park Street
Madison, WI 53715-1375
- MD, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2006
- Residency, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, UW Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2011
Dr. Upton is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a past recipient of the UW Health Patient Experience Physician Champion Award. His clinical practice comprises the full spectrum of adult and pediatric otolaryngology including sinonasal disorders, ear surgery, sleep surgery, pediatrics, laryngology, and head and neck surgery with an emphasis on surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea in the adult population. He is the chief of the otolaryngology service at Meriter-Unity Point Hospital.
Dr. Upton provides a wide range of services including Adenoidectomy, Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA), Intraoral Biopsy, Nasal Cautery, Oral Appliances, Sleep Apnea Surgery, Tonsillectomy, Tracheostomy, Septoplasty, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Nasal Polypectomy, Tympanoplasty, Tympanostomy (Ear) Tube Placement, Neck Mass Excision, Turbinate Reduction, Functional Rhinoplasty, Upper Airway Nerve Stimulation Therapy.
Dr. Upton’s research interests include chronic rhinosinusitis, office-based procedures of the head and neck, and surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea.
- Prospective evaluation of office-based injection laryngoplasty with hyaluronic acid gel.
- Upton DC, Johnson M, Zelazny SK, Dailey SH
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2013 Sep; 122(9): 541-6
- [PubMed ID: 24224395]
- Chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps: a proteomic analysis.
- Upton DC, Welham NV, Kuo JS, Walker JW, Pasic TR
- Ann. Otol. Rhinol. Laryngol. 2011 Dec; 120(12): 780-6
- [PubMed ID: 22279949]
- Parotidectomy: ten-year review of 237 cases at a single institution.
- Upton DC, McNamar JP, Connor NP, Harari PM, Hartig GK
- Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2007 May; 136(5): 788-92
- [PubMed ID: 17478217]
- Radiology quiz case 1. Stafne bone cyst.
- Upton DC, Sewall GK, Hartig GK
- Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 2006 Nov; 132(11): 1264, 1266
- [PubMed ID: 17116826]