Elise Lawson, MD, MSHS
- Division of Colorectal Surgery
- Divisions of General Surgery
Clinical Science Center
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-7375
- MD, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California, 2007
- Residency, UCLA General Surgery Residency Program, Los Angeles, California, 2007-2015
- Fellowship, Lahey Clinic Fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery, Burlington, Massachusetts, 2015-2016
Dr Lawson is a fellowship-trained colon and rectal surgeon. She has specific expertise in the surgical treatment of colon cancer, rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease), diverticulitis, and other benign conditions affecting the colon, rectum, and anus. Her practice includes diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy as well as the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Dr. Lawson’s research focuses on measuring and improving the quality of surgical care.
- Should classification as an ACS-NSQIP high outlier be used to direct hospital quality improvement efforts?
- Lawson EH, Roberts PL, Francone TD, Marcello PW, Read TE, Ricciardi R
- Am. J. Surg. 2017 Jul 21;
- [PubMed ID: 28751060]
- Robotic Total Abdominal Hysterectomy With Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy and Low Anterior Resection with Transvaginal Specimen Extraction and Intracorporeal Colonic J-Pouch Construction: A Multidisciplinary Approach.
- Lawson EH, Wright VJ, Francone TD
- Dis. Colon Rectum 2017 Mar; 60(3): 353
- [PubMed ID: 28177999]
- Variation in Hospital Use of Postacute Care After Surgery and the Association With Care Quality.
- Sacks GD, Lawson EH, Dawes AJ, Weiss RE, Russell MM, Brook RH, Zingmond DS, Ko CY
- Med Care 2016 Feb; 54(2): 172-9
- [PubMed ID: 26595222]
- Using Both Clinical Registry and Administrative Claims Data to Measure Risk-adjusted Surgical Outcomes.
- Lawson EH, Louie R, Zingmond DS, Sacks GD, Brook RH, Hall BL, Ko CY
- Ann. Surg. 2016 Jan; 263(1): 50-7
- [PubMed ID: 25405553]
- Relationship Between Hospital Performance on a Patient Satisfaction Survey and Surgical Quality.
- Sacks GD, Lawson EH, Dawes AJ, Russell MM, Maggard-Gibbons M, Zingmond DS, Ko CY
- JAMA Surg 2015 Sep; 150(9): 858-64
- [PubMed ID: 26108091]