Elise Lawson, MD, MSHS, FACS
- Division of Colorectal Surgery
Clinical Science Center
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-7375
- MD, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California, 2007
- Residency, UCLA General Surgery Residency Program, Los Angeles, California, 2007-2015
- Fellowship, Lahey Clinic Fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery, Burlington, Massachusetts, 2015-2016
Dr Lawson is a fellowship-trained colon and rectal surgeon. She has specific expertise in the surgical treatment of colon cancer, rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease), diverticulitis, and other benign conditions affecting the colon, rectum, and anus. Her practice includes diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy as well as the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Dr. Lawson’s research focuses on measuring and improving the quality of surgical care.
- Cohort Study of Overutilization of Preventive Screening for Patients With Pancreatic Cancer.
- Fisher AV, Abbott DE, Fernandes-Taylor S, Havlena JA, Wang X, Shan Y, Lawson EH, Winslow ER, Weber SM, Schumacher JR
- Pancreas 2018 Oct; 47(9): e65-e67
- [PubMed ID: 30199493]
- Analysis of 90-day cost for open versus minimally invasive distal pancreatectomy.
- Fisher AV, Fernandes-Taylor S, Schumacher JR, Havlena JA, Wang X, Lawson EH, Ronnekleiv-Kelly SM, Winslow ER, Weber SM, Abbott DE
- HPB (Oxford) 2018 Jul 31;
- [PubMed ID: 30076011]
- Should classification as an ACS-NSQIP high outlier be used to direct hospital quality improvement efforts?
- Lawson EH, Roberts PL, Francone TD, Marcello PW, Read TE, Ricciardi R
- Am. J. Surg. 2018 Aug; 216(2): 213-216
- [PubMed ID: 28751060]
- Robotic Total Abdominal Hysterectomy With Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy and Low Anterior Resection with Transvaginal Specimen Extraction and Intracorporeal Colonic J-Pouch Construction: A Multidisciplinary Approach.
- Lawson EH, Wright VJ, Francone TD
- Dis. Colon Rectum 2017 Mar; 60(3): 353
- [PubMed ID: 28177999]
- Variation in Hospital Use of Postacute Care After Surgery and the Association With Care Quality.
- Sacks GD, Lawson EH, Dawes AJ, Weiss RE, Russell MM, Brook RH, Zingmond DS, Ko CY
- Med Care 2016 Feb; 54(2): 172-9
- [PubMed ID: 26595222]