Evie Carchman, MD, FACS
- Division of Colorectal Surgery
Clinical Science Center
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-7375
- MD, Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, 2006
- General Surgery Residency, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2013
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, 2014
Dr. Evie Carchman is a fellowship-trained colon and rectal surgeon. She has special expertise in the treatment of colon cancer, rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, benign conditions of colon, rectum, and anus, and endoscopic treatment of colonic disease. Dr. Carchman utilizes minimally invasive techniques including laparoscopic and single incision laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of colon and rectal disease.
Dr. Carchman provides a wide range of services including Abdominoperineal Resection, Abscess Drainage, Endorectal Advancement Flap, Fistulotomy, Flap Repair, Hemorrhoid Banding, Hemorrhoidectomy, Ileocolic Resection, Laparoscopic and Open Partial Colectomy, Laparoscopic and Open Rectopexy, Laparoscopic and Open Sigmoid Resection, Laparoscopic and Open Total Colectomy, Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy, Lower Anterior Resection (LAR), Pilonidal Cyst Excision, Sphincter Repair (overlapping sphincteroplasty), Total Proctocolectomy, Transanal Proctosigmoidectomy.
Dr. Carchman’s research interests focus on the pathogenesis and treatment of anal cancer. She has special expertise in the treatment of colon cancer, rectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, benign conditions of colon, rectum, and anus, and endoscopic treatment of colonic disease. Dr. Carchman utilizes minimally invasive techniques including laparoscopic and single incision laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of colon and rectal disease.
- Topical application of a dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor prevents anal carcinogenesis in a human papillomavirus mouse model of anal cancer.
- Rademacher BL, Matkowskyj KA, LaCount ED, Carchman EH
- Eur. J. Cancer Prev. 2019 Mar 18;
- [PubMed ID: 30888976]
- Genetic inhibition of autophagy in a transgenic mouse model of anal cancer.
- Rademacher BL, Meske LM, Matkowskyj KA, Hanlon BM, Carchman EH
- J Carcinog 2018; 17: 3
- [PubMed ID: 30123096]
- Defecography: An Overview of Technique, Interpretation, and Impact on Patient Care.
- Kim NY, Kim DH, Pickhardt PJ, Carchman EH, Wald A, Robbins JB
- Gastroenterol. Clin. North Am. 2018 Sep; 47(3): 553-568
- [PubMed ID: 30115437]
- Clinically Competent and Fiscally at Risk: Impact of Debt and Financial Parameters on the Surgical Resident.
- Tevis SE, Rogers AP, Carchman EH, Foley EF, Harms BA
- J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2018 Aug; 227(2): 163-171.e7
- [PubMed ID: 29859900]
- The role of pharmacologic modulation of autophagy on anal cancer development in an HPV mouse model of carcinogenesis.
- Rademacher BL, Matkowskyj KA, Meske LM, Romero A, Sleiman H, Carchman EH
- Virology 2017 07; 507: 82-88
- [PubMed ID: 28431282]