Heather B Neuman, MD, MS, FACS
- Division of Surgical Oncology
Clinic: (608) 263-7502
- Breast Center: (608) 266-6400
- Administrative Assistant: (608) 262-2025
600 Highland Avenue
Box 7375, Clinical Science Center
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, University of Pittsburg School of Medicine, Pittsburg, PA, 2000
- Surgical Oncology Fellow, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, 2007-2009
- Residency in General Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 2000-2005
- National Research Service Award Fellow, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, 2005-2007
- Research Fellow in Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, 2005-2007
- MS, Weill Graduate School in Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, NY, 2007
Dr. Neuman specializes in surgical oncology with a focus on breast, melanoma and sarcoma. She is certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Dr. Neuman provides a wide range of services including Axillary Lymph Node Dissection, Core Needle Biopsy, Lumpectomy or Partial Mastectomy, Lymph Node Dissection, Melanoma Completion Lymph Node Dissection (Axillary and Groin), Melanoma Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Melanoma Wide Local Excision and Skin Closure, Modified Radical Mastectomy, Needle-localized Biopsy, Needle-localized Excision, Radical Resection Soft Tissue Tumor, Sarcoma Removal of Retroperitoneal/intraabdominal Soft Tissue Tumors (Sarcomas), Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Simple Mastectomy, Skin-sparing and/or Nipple-sparing Mastectomy, Wide Local Excision Skin With Reconstruction.
Dr. Neuman’s research focuses on patient-oriented clinical outcomes including patient decision-making, quality of life and survivorship. Her primary research uses mixed methods to improve the quality and efficiency of breast cancer follow-up provided to breast cancer survivors. Secondary research interests include the use of decision aids to improve patient decision-making surrounding breast cancer surgery. Additionally, she is the principle investigator for a number of surgical clinical trials focused on melanoma.