Hee Soo Jung, MD, FACS
- Director of the Surgical ICU
- Director of the Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- Division of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery, Burn and Surgical Critical Care
- Divisions of General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, 2007
- Residency in Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 2012
- Fellowship, Surgical Critical Care, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2013
Dr. Hee Soo Jung practices in the trauma, burn and acute care surgery programs.
Dr. Hee Soo Jung provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal, Subcutaneous Tumor Removal, Trauma Surgery, Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Jung’s research focuses on organ failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and trauma/emergency general surgery systems and clinical outcomes.
- Pre-simulation orientation for medical trainees: An approach to decrease anxiety and improve confidence and performance.
- Bommer C, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Ahola Z, Agarwal S, O'Rourke A, Jung HS, Gibson A, Leverson G, Liepert AE
- Am. J. Surg. 2017 Nov 10;
- [PubMed ID: 29174166]
- Why saying what you mean matters: An analysis of trauma team communication.
- Jung HS, Warner-Hillard C, Thompson R, Haines K, Moungey B, LeGare A, Shaffer DW, Pugh C, Agarwal S, Sullivan S
- Am. J. Surg. 2017 Nov 08;
- [PubMed ID: 29153980]
- Identifying Nontechnical Skill Deficits in Trainees Through Interdisciplinary Trauma Simulation.
- Sullivan S, Campbell K, Ross JC, Thompson R, Underwood A, LeGare A, Osman I, Agarwal SK, Jung HS
- J Surg Educ 2017 Nov 16;
- [PubMed ID: 29100919]
- Patient-Centered Outcome Spectrum: An Evidence-based Framework to Aid in Shared Decision-making.
- Ingraham AM, Agarwal SK, Jung HS, Liepert AE, O'Rourke AP, Scarborough JE
- Ann. Surg. 2017 Sep 15;
- [PubMed ID: 28922208]
- Effect of transfer status on outcomes for necrotizing soft tissue infections.
- Ingraham AM, Jung HS, Liepert AE, Warner-Hillard C, Greenberg CC, Scarborough JE
- J. Surg. Res. 2017 Dec; 220: 372-378
- [PubMed ID: 29180205]