Hee Soo Jung, MD, FACS
- Director, Surgical Critical Care Services
- Program Director, Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, 2007
- Residency in Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 2012
- Fellowship, Surgical Critical Care, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2013
Dr. Jung is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care. Dr. Hee Soo Jung practices in the trauma, burn and acute care surgery programs.
Dr. Hee Soo Jung provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal, Subcutaneous Tumor Removal, Trauma Surgery, Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair, Bowel Obstruction Surgery, Small Bowel and Large Bowel/Colon Resection.
Dr. Jung’s research focuses on reducing preventable errors in trauma care through the development of novel educational and assessment methodologies. His team currently studies interdisciplinary team communication and its impact on patient care. He also investigates clinical outcomes in trauma, emergency general surgery and critical care.
- Utilization of a specimen retrieval bag during laparoscopic appendectomy for both uncomplicated and complicated appendicitis is not associated with a decrease in postoperative surgical site infection rates.
- Turner SA, Jung HS, Scarborough JE
- Surgery 2019 Jun; 165(6): 1199-1202
- [PubMed ID: 31043235]
- Examining the Impact of Using the SIMPL Application on Feedback in Surgical Education.
- Gunderson K, Sullivan S, Warner-Hillard C, Thompson R, Greenberg JA, Foley EF, Jung HS
- J Surg Educ 2018 Nov; 75(6): e246-e254
- [PubMed ID: 30213738]
- Rib Fracture Location Should Be Evaluated When Predicting Morbidity and Mortality in Trauma Patients.
- Haines KL, Zens T, Warner-Hillard C, DeSouza E, Jung HS, Agarwal S
- Am Surg 2018 Sep 01; 84(9): 1462-1465
- [PubMed ID: 30268176]
- Does a Written Tool to Guide Structured Debriefing Improve Discourse? Implications for Interprofessional Team Simulation.
- Thompson R, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Osman I, Statz B, Jung HS
- J Surg Educ 2018 Nov; 75(6): e240-e245
- [PubMed ID: 30093336]
- Primary prevention of contact sports-related concussions in amateur athletes: a systematic review from the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- Enniss TM, Basiouny K, Brewer B, Bugaev N, Cheng J, Danner OK, Duncan T, Foster S, Hawryluk G, Jung HS, Lui F, Rattan R, Violano P, Crandall M
- Trauma Surg Acute Care Open 2018; 3(1): e000153
- [PubMed ID: 30023433]