Hee Soo Jung, MD, FACS
- Director of the Surgical ICU
- Director of the Surgical Critical Care Fellowship
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-0001
- MD, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, 2007
- Residency in Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 2012
- Fellowship, Surgical Critical Care, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2013
Dr. Jung is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Surgical Critical Care. Dr. Hee Soo Jung practices in the trauma, burn and acute care surgery programs.
Dr. Hee Soo Jung provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Burn Surgery, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal, Subcutaneous Tumor Removal, Trauma Surgery, Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Jung’s research focuses on organ failure, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and trauma/emergency general surgery systems and clinical outcomes.
- Examining the Impact of Using the SIMPL Application on Feedback in Surgical Education.
- Gunderson K, Sullivan S, Warner-Hillard C, Thompson R, Greenberg JA, Foley EF, Jung HS
- J Surg Educ 2018 Nov; 75(6): e246-e254
- [PubMed ID: 30213738]
- Rib Fracture Location Should Be Evaluated When Predicting Morbidity and Mortality in Trauma Patients.
- Haines KL, Zens T, Warner-Hillard C, DeSouza E, Jung HS, Agarwal S
- Am Surg 2018 Sep 01; 84(9): 1462-1465
- [PubMed ID: 30268176]
- Does a Written Tool to Guide Structured Debriefing Improve Discourse? Implications for Interprofessional Team Simulation.
- Thompson R, Sullivan S, Campbell K, Osman I, Statz B, Jung HS
- J Surg Educ 2018 Nov; 75(6): e240-e245
- [PubMed ID: 30093336]
- Primary prevention of contact sports-related concussions in amateur athletes: a systematic review from the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- Enniss TM, Basiouny K, Brewer B, Bugaev N, Cheng J, Danner OK, Duncan T, Foster S, Hawryluk G, Jung HS, Lui F, Rattan R, Violano P, Crandall M
- Trauma Surg Acute Care Open 2018; 3(1): e000153
- [PubMed ID: 30023433]
- Socioeconomics affecting quality outcomes in Asian trauma patients within the United States.
- Haines KL, Agarwal S, Jung HS
- J. Surg. Res. 2018 08; 228: 63-67
- [PubMed ID: 29907231]