James P. Cole, Jr., DO, FACS
- UW Health Surgery at SwedishAmerican
- Trauma Medical Director at SwedishAmerican
1340 Charles Street
Rockford, IL 61104
- DO, Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1991
- Internship, U.S. Naval Hospital Portsmouth, Portsmouth, Virginia, 1992
- Residency, William Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, Texas, 1998
- Mini Trauma Fellowship, Ben Taub General Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, January 2000
Dr. Cole is board certified in Surgery and Neurocritical Care. His special interests are Trauma Surgery, Critical Care, and Emergency General Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a member of the Eastern Society for the Surgery of Trauma. Dr. Cole is a military veteran whose 24 years of service include three tours of duty in the combat zone. His military awards and decorations include the Legion of Merit Medal, the Iraq Campaign Medal, and two Afghanistan Campaign Medals.
Effect of dry fibrin sealant dressings versus gauze packing on blood loss in grade V liver injuries in resuscitated swine.
Holcomb JB, Pusateri AE, Harris RA, Charles NC, Gomez RR, Cole JP, Beall LD, Bayer V, MacPhee MJ, Hess JR
J Trauma 1999 Jan; 46(1): 49-57
[PubMed ID: 9932683]
Immune responsiveness in a rat model for type II diabetes (Zucker rat, fa/fa): susceptibility to Candida albicans infection and leucocyte function.
Plotkin BJ, Paulson D, Chelich A, Jurak D, Cole J, Kasimos J, Burdick JR, Casteel N
J. Med. Microbiol. 1996 Apr; 44(4): 277-83
[PubMed ID: 8606356]