James D Maloney, MD
- Chief, Section of Thoracic Surgery
- Endowed Professor, Anthony J. Arenas Professorship in Lung Transplantation
- Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- BA, Biology, Lawrence University, Appleton, WI, 1987-1991
- MD, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, 1991-1995
- Residency in General Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 1995-2001
- Residency in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC, 2001-2003
Dr. Maloney is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. He specializes in general thoracic and oncologic surgery. His practice includes minimally invasive surgery, including treatment of mediastinal disease, thoracoscopic lobectomy, and endoscopic sympathectomy. Dr. Maloney also performs lung transplants.
Dr. Maloney provides a wide range of services including Advanced Lung Disease Program, Bronchoscopy, Endoscopic Photodynamic Therapy, Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy (ETS), Fluoresence Endoscopic Surveillance, Laparoscopic and Robotic Heller Myotomy, Laparoscopic and Robotic Nissen Fundoplication, Laparoscopic and Robotic Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Lobectomy, Lung Transplant, Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS), Segmentectomy, Thoracentesis, Thoracoscopic Lobectomy, Thoracoscopic Talc Pleurodesis, Thoracoscopic Lymphadenectomy, Thoracoscopic Thymectomy, Thoracotomy (Vertical Muscle Sparing Incision), Wedge Resection.
Dr. Maloney’s research interests include restoring function following chest surgery, aging and cancer. He is also investigating novel treatments for end stage lung disease.
- Predictive value of pulmonary function measures for short-term outcomes following lung resection: analysis of a single high-volume institution.
- Taylor LJ, Julliard WA, Maloney JD
- J Thorac Dis 2018 Feb; 10(2): 1072-1076
- [PubMed ID: 29607183]
- Financial and Temporal Advantages of Virtual Consultation in Veterans Requiring Specialty Care.
- Abbott DE, Macke RA, Kurtz J, Safdar N, Greenberg CC, Weber SM, Voils CI, Fisher DA, Maloney JD
- Mil Med 2018 01 01; 183(1-2): e71-e76
- [PubMed ID: 29401334]
- Transmission of Donor-Derived Trypanosoma cruzi and Subsequent Development of Chagas Disease in a Lung Transplant Recipient.
- Corey AB, Sonetti D, Maloney JD, Montgomery SP, Rademacher BL, Taylor LJ, Smith JA, Striker R
- Case Rep Infect Dis 2017; 2017: 5381072
- [PubMed ID: 28912986]
- Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy in a Patient With Tetralogy of Fallot and Right-Sided Aortic Arch.
- Thomas MJ, Bartlett HL, Bassetti MF, Lubner SJ, Kirvassilis G, Anagnostopoulos PV, Maloney JD, Macke RA
- Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2017 Jan; 103(1): e77-e79
- [PubMed ID: 28007281]
- Moving beyond disease-focused decision making: understanding competing risks to personalize lung cancer treatment for older adults.
- Taylor LJ, Maloney JD
- J Thorac Dis 2017 Jan; 9(1): 8-12
- [PubMed ID: 28203399]