John Rectenwald, MD, MS
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI, 53792
- MD, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, 1996
- General Surgery Residency, University of Florida Health Science Center, Gainesville, FL, 2003
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 2005
- MS, Clinical Research Design and Statistical Analysis, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI, 2009
Dr. Rectenwald is certified in General and Vascular Surgery by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in the treatment of aneurysmal disease of the aorta and peripheral arteries, occlusive disease of the cerebral arteries, the treatment of peripheral arterial disease both surgically and with catheter-based approaches. He also treats simple and complex venous disease and has a clinical interest in the use of inferior vena cava filters and their removal.
John Rectenwald, MD, MS provides a wide range of services including Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Open, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Endovascular, Amputation, Angioplasty With Stent Placement, Carotid Endartecotomy, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Peripheral Artery Bypass, Varicose Vein Treatment, Peripheral Artery Aneurysm Repair, Treatment of Claudication, Venous Disease Treatment.
Dr. Rectenwald is interested in the uses and outcomes related to inferior vena cava filters as well as outcomes related to the endovascular and open treatment of peripheral arterial disease. His interests include surgical education and the training of future vascular and endovascular surgeons.
- A survey of vascular specialists' practice patterns of inferior vena cava filter placement and retrieval.
- Brahmandam A, Skrip L, Sumpio B, Indes J, Dardik A, Sarac T, Rectenwald J, Chaar CIO
- Vascular 2018 Dec 01; 1708538118815394
- [PubMed ID: 30501583]
- Attrition rates in integrated vascular and cardiothoracic surgery residency and fellowship programs.
- Chen H, Reddy RM, Palmer SW, Coleman DM, Hoch JR, DiMusto PD, Rectenwald JE
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2018 Nov 16;
- [PubMed ID: 30455051]
- Aggressive Phenotype of Intravascular Lymphoma Relative to Other Malignant Intraabdominal Tumors Requiring Vascular Reconstruction.
- Obi AT, Kim GY, Coleman DM, Osborne NH, Rectenwald JE, Gallagher KA, Henke PK, Eliason JL
- Ann Vasc Surg 2018 Sep 27;
- [PubMed ID: 30267915]
- Continued Ultrasound Surveillance Required after Hand Ischemia Associated with Trauma in Children.
- Kirkwood ML, Chamseddin KH, Hanson B, Timaran CH, Ali M, Jacob AD, Rectenwald JE
- Ann Vasc Surg 2018 Aug; 51: 119-123
- [PubMed ID: 29678653]
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters: Current Indications, Techniques, and Recommendations.
- Ha CP, Rectenwald JE
- Surg. Clin. North Am. 2018 Apr; 98(2): 293-319
- [PubMed ID: 29502773]