John E. Scarborough, MD, FACS
- Section Head, Emergency Surgery
- Vice Chair for Quality, Department of Surgery
- Division of Acute Care and Regional General Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 1998
- General Surgery Residency, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 2005
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 2006
- Abdominal Transplant Fellowship, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 2007
Dr. Scarborough is certified by the American Board of Surgery in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. He specializes in emergency surgery (Acute Care Surgery), general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, lower GI (colorectal, small bowel), surgical critical care, trauma (abdominal trauma, thoracic trauma, traumatic brain injury) and upper GI surgery (hepatobiliary, stomach, esophagus).
Dr. Scarborough provides a wide range of services including Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder Removal), Excision of Lipoma, Laparoscopic Groin Hernia Repair, Muscle Biopsy, Open Groin Hernia Repair, Sebaceous Cyst Removal, Subcutaneous Tumor Removal, Trauma Surgery, Ventral / Abdominal Hernia Repair.
Dr. Scarborough’s research interest is in health services research.