Joshua D Mezrich, MD
- Section of Liver and Kidney Surgery
- Division of Transplantation
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3284
- MD, Cornell University Medical College, 1997
- Surgery Residency, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL, 1997-2005
- Research Fellowship, Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Transplantation Fellowship, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, 2005-2007
Dr. Mezrich is certified by the American Board of Surgery. He specializes in solid organ transplant (liver, kidney, and pancreas).
Dr. Mezrich provides a wide range of services including Kidney Transplant, Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy, Liver Resection, Liver Transplant, Wedge Resection of the Liver, “Scarless” Single-Port Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy.
Dr. Mezrich’s research interest is in transplant tolerance and how environmental exposures alter the immune system.
- In response to intraoperative heparin prophylaxis during liver transplantation.
- Groose M, Aldred B, Mezrich J, Hammel L
- Liver Transpl. 2019 Aug 21;
- [PubMed ID: 31433894]
- Risk Factors for Intracardiac Thrombus During Liver Transplantation.
- Groose MK, Aldred BN, Mezrich JD, Hammel LL
- Liver Transpl. 2019 May 22;
- [PubMed ID: 31119833]
- Family and transplant professionals' views of organ recovery before circulatory death for imminently dying patients: A qualitative study using semistructured interviews and focus groups.
- Zimmermann CJ, Baggett ND, Taylor LJ, Buffington A, Scalea J, Fost N, Croes KD, Mezrich JD, Schwarze ML
- Am. J. Transplant. 2019 Aug; 19(8): 2232-2240
- [PubMed ID: 30768840]
- Real-world PM extracts differentially enhance Th17 differentiation and activate the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR).
- O'Driscoll CA, Gallo ME, Fechner JH, Schauer JJ, Mezrich JD
- Toxicology 2019 02 15; 414: 14-26
- [PubMed ID: 30611761]
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) present in ambient urban dust drive proinflammatory T cell and dendritic cell responses via the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) in vitro.
- O'Driscoll CA, Gallo ME, Hoffmann EJ, Fechner JH, Schauer JJ, Bradfield CA, Mezrich JD
- PLoS ONE 2018; 13(12): e0209690
- [PubMed ID: 30576387]