Katherine M. Gast, MD, MS
- Division of Plastic Surgery
600 HIGHLAND AVE
Madison, WI 53792
- MS, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI, 2009
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2010
- Integrated Residency, Plastic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2016
- Subspecialty Fellowship in Gender Affirming Surgery and Microsurgical Breast Reconstruction, University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium, 2017
Dr. Gast specializes in reconstructive plastic surgery and has advanced training in gender affirming surgery (vaginoplasty, phalloplasty, breast augmentation, and mastectomy) and autologous microsurgical breast reconstruction (DIEP flaps). She also performs a wide range of adult reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. Dr. Gast is the medical director of the UW Comprehensive Gender Services Program.
Dr. Gast provides a wide range of services including Abdominal Wall Reconstruction, Abdominoplasty, Breast Augmentation, Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reduction, Chest Wall and Thoracic Reconstruction, Facial Feminization Surgery, Gender Mastectomy, Labiaplasty, Lower Extremity Reconstruction, Penile Inversion, Vaginoplasty, Phalloplasty, Sternal Wound Reconstruction, Tracheal Shave.
Dr. Gast’s research is focused on patient reported outcomes in gender affirming surgery.
- Clinicopathological findings in female-to-male gender-affirming breast surgery.
- East EG, Gast KM, Kuzon WM, Roberts E, Zhao L, Jorns JM
- Histopathology 2017 Dec; 71(6): 859-865
- [PubMed ID: 28657118]
- Discussion: Surgical Outcome after Penile Inversion Vaginoplasty: A Retrospective Study of 475 Transgender Women.
- Kuzon WM, Gast KM
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2016 11; 138(5): 1008-1009
- [PubMed ID: 27782993]
- Facial Feminization: Systematic Review of the Literature.
- Morrison SD, Vyas KS, Motakef S, Gast KM, Chung MT, Rashidi V, Satterwhite T, Kuzon W, Cederna PS
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2016 Jun; 137(6): 1759-70
- [PubMed ID: 27219232]
- Bibliometric indices and academic promotion within plastic surgery.
- Gast KM, Kuzon WM, Waljee JF
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2014 Nov; 134(5): 838e-844e
- [PubMed ID: 25347660]
- Influence of training institution on academic affiliation and productivity among plastic surgery faculty in the United States.
- Gast KM, Kuzon WM, Adelman EE, Waljee JF
- Plast. Reconstr. Surg. 2014 Sep; 134(3): 570-8
- [PubMed ID: 25158713]