Kyla M Bennett, MD, FACS
- Division of Vascular Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 2006
- General Surgery Residency, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2013
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2015
Dr Bennett is certified by the American Board of Surgery. Her practice includes endovascular and open approaches to peripheral arterial disease, aneurysms, carotid disease and venous disorders.
Dr. Bennett provides a wide range of services including Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Endovascular, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Open, Angioplasty With Stent Placement, Carotid Endartecotomy, Carotid Stenting, Dialysis Access, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Peripheral Artery Bypass, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Endovascular, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Open, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Treatment, Varicose Vein Treatment.
Dr. Bennett’s research interests include socioeconomic effects on outcomes of vascular disease and vascular surgery as well as methods to mitigate these effects. Her interests also include patient-centered decision making – improving assessment of patient-specific comorbidity and operative outcome risk assessment and delivering this information to the patient.
- Feasibility of an Image-Based Mobile Health Protocol for Postoperative Wound Monitoring.
- Gunter RL, Fernandes-Taylor S, Rahman S, Awoyinka L, Bennett KM, Weber SM, Greenberg CC, Kent KC
- J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2018 Mar; 226(3): 277-286
- [PubMed ID: 29366555]
- Thirty-day readmission and mortality among Medicare beneficiaries discharged to skilled nursing facilities after vascular surgery.
- Fernandes-Taylor S, Berg S, Gunter R, Bennett K, Smith MA, Rathouz PJ, Greenberg CC, Kent KC
- J. Surg. Res. 2018 01; 221: 196-203
- [PubMed ID: 29229128]
- Predictors of 30-day postoperative major adverse clinical events after carotid artery stenting: An analysis of the procedure-targeted American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.
- Bennett KM, Hoch JR, Scarborough JE
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2017 10; 66(4): 1093-1099
- [PubMed ID: 28596038]
- Current practice of thoracic outlet decompression surgery in the United States.
- Rinehardt EK, Scarborough JE, Bennett KM
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2017 09; 66(3): 858-865
- [PubMed ID: 28579292]
- Carotid artery stenting is associated with a higher incidence of major adverse clinical events than carotid endarterectomy in female patients.
- Bennett KM, Scarborough JE
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2017 09; 66(3): 794-801
- [PubMed ID: 28502547]