Kyla M Bennett, MD, FACS
- Division of Vascular Surgery
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 2006
- General Surgery Residency, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2013
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2015
Dr Bennett is certified by the American Board of Surgery. Her practice includes endovascular and open approaches to peripheral arterial disease, aneurysms, carotid disease and venous disorders.
Dr. Bennett provides a wide range of services including Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Endovascular, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Repair – Open, Angioplasty With Stent Placement, Carotid Endartecotomy, Carotid Stenting, Dialysis Access, Extended Efforts in Limb Salvage, Peripheral Artery Bypass, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Endovascular, Thoracic Aortic Aneursym – Open, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Treatment, Varicose Vein Treatment.
Dr. Bennett’s research interests include socioeconomic effects on outcomes of vascular disease and vascular surgery as well as methods to mitigate these effects. Her interests also include patient-centered decision making – improving assessment of patient-specific comorbidity and operative outcome risk assessment and delivering this information to the patient.
- Locoregional anesthesia is associated with lower 30-day mortality than general anesthesia in patients undergoing endovascular repair of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Bennett KM, McAninch CM, Scarborough JE
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2019 May 21;
- [PubMed ID: 31126760]
- What Is the Role for Carotid Stenting Versus Endarterectomy?
- Bennett KM, Scarborough JE
- Adv Surg 2019 Sep; 53: 37-53
- [PubMed ID: 31327455]
- Most patients experiencing 30-day postoperative stroke after carotid endarterectomy will initially experience disability.
- Levin SR, Farber A, Cheng TW, Jones DW, Rybin D, Kalish JA, Bennett KM, Arinze N, Siracuse JJ
- J. Vasc. Surg. 2019 May 05;
- [PubMed ID: 31068266]
- Feasibility of an Image-Based Mobile Health Protocol for Postoperative Wound Monitoring.
- Gunter RL, Fernandes-Taylor S, Rahman S, Awoyinka L, Bennett KM, Weber SM, Greenberg CC, Kent KC
- J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2018 03; 226(3): 277-286
- [PubMed ID: 29366555]
- Thirty-day readmission and mortality among Medicare beneficiaries discharged to skilled nursing facilities after vascular surgery.
- Fernandes-Taylor S, Berg S, Gunter R, Bennett K, Smith MA, Rathouz PJ, Greenberg CC, Kent KC
- J. Surg. Res. 2018 01; 221: 196-203
- [PubMed ID: 29229128]